Headliner predictions 2017

swede

On 27/01/2017 at 1:57 PM, paulshane said:

For the first time in many years, I got to the front of the stage for Underworld (last time was last time they played I think) and I thoroughly enjoyed it, however, it was almost a carbon copy of their set that they did in Jan at the 6Music weekend in Bristol. But I think they are brilliant, so I didn't mind :)

I wasn't quite in the middle, but still managed to get a few good pics:

DSCN0965.JPG

DSCN0969.JPG

unrelated: are you the RR HoTWire ?

I'm with you Paul, this set ruled.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gaga did support Sheeran surely it would have to be a much more stripped back show than usual? It would be an enormous anti-climax after Gaga's 17 costume changes, 42 dancers and more pyro than Rammstein to have a pale-faced, scrawny ginger kid with terrible tattoos strumming his acoustic guitar on a stool.

Have we considered Gaga headlining with Sheeran supporting?

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

If Gaga did support Sheeran surely it would have to be a much more stripped back show than usual? It would be an enormous anti-climax after Gaga's 17 costume changes, 42 dancers and more pyro than Rammstein to have a pale-faced, scrawny ginger kid with terrible tattoos strumming his acoustic guitar on a stool.

Have we considered Gaga headlining with Sheeran supporting?

Personally think Gaga is gonna sub Foos rather than Sheeran, this being one of the reasons for that. Sheeran isn't doing anything but headlining as he's unarguably the bigger act over here, and apparently his new live setup was a justification for his hugely inflated ticket prices so who knows what he's got up his sleeve, although like you say I can't imagine it being quite as impressive as Gaga's show. Sticking her before a big lively rock act makes more sense to me than making Sheeran's show look even more basic than it already seems. Don't know who that leaves to go on before Sheeran mind (Royal Blood? Bon Iver? Somebody we haven't considered?)

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Personally think Gaga is gonna sub Foos rather than Sheeran, this being one of the reasons for that. Sheeran isn't doing anything but headlining as he's unarguably the bigger act over here, and apparently his new live setup was a justification for his hugely inflated ticket prices so who knows what he's got up his sleeve, although like you say I can't imagine it being quite as impressive as Gaga's show. Sticking her before a big lively rock act makes more sense to me than making Sheeran's show look even more basic than it already seems. Don't know who that leaves to go on before Sheeran mind (Royal Blood? Bon Iver? Somebody we haven't considered?)

Neil did say he had heard Robbie Williams rumours. Could he sub the Sheeranator?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Neil did say he had heard Robbie Williams rumours. Could he sub the Sheeranator?

Must've missed this (where at?) but that would make more sense to me yeah - Gaga's show will be stripped down but no doubt still very impressive, whereas I can't imagine Robbie's being much more than him and his band on stage and so wouldn't complete outshine our little Ed.

Just now, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Robbie subbing Ed? Two "singer songwriters/entertainers" back to back?

Good bloody grief

They had two rappers back to back with Pharrell and Kanye and Weller and The Who weren't exactly miles apart so even though they seem to stray from this a lot of the time, if Robbie was offering to play before I doubt they'd say no - that Pyramid crowd will be ginormous for those few hours (likewise with Gaga > Foos if it were to happen).