Headliner predictions 2017

swede

8 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Which reminds me......Was watching the one hit wonder programme on the iplayer at the weekend over a late night refreshment. One of the tunes immediately reminded me of Ed, next thing a wee caption came up on screen saying that Sheeran had worked as a roadie or something for the fella.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I had originally bought in to the Sheeran busker comes good, sells out wembley, headlines Glastonbury fairy tale. He`s not my cup of tea but I wasn`t going to begrudge the fella.

Now I`m not so sure.

If someone else is writing your songs and you are " acting " them out in the style of someone else ( if that`s what`s happening here ) then when is an " artist " an " actor " or " entertainer " and should they be headlining the pyramid....

These might not be the best choice of words and of course everyone up there will be an " entertainer "of sorts but from the video, it`s all rather familiar.

JCB song just came on in the pub as I was reading this... I kid you not and I'm a little freaked out by the co-inky-dink!!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Slowly giving up on my Paolo tbh :( he's announced a few things but nothing at all major and there are just too many bands to squeeze into the top of the bill. Really thought he'd launch a new album campaign out of headlining Hogmanay but it's all gone quiet again.

Yeah I'm not sure I'd put in my prediction now either, a one off pretty much at Hogmanay which is close to where he's from. 

As much as I'd like to see Lady Gaga live. I think I'd prefer if she released a huge album in the next couple years and came back and totally smashed a headline slot. I think she defo has it in her. I really like the Lady Gaga we saw at the Superbowl, she's toned herself down but kept her performance up there. I prefer it to the shock factor that she was always striving for before.

9 minutes ago, jamestudor97 said:

I'm new here and someone may have already asked this and I maybe the biggest optimist but do you reckon Emily Eavis was lying about Daft Punk and Stone Roses? Just to throw the scent off a little? I mean Daft Punk seems less likely but The Stone Roses looks more probable?

Very very highly unlikely.

Sorry.

I pity whoever follows Lady Gaga, there is no following that.

7 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

As much as I'd like to see Lady Gaga live. I think I'd prefer if she released a huge album in the next couple years and came back and totally smashed a headline slot. I think she defo has it in her. I really like the Lady Gaga we saw at the Superbowl, she's toned herself down but kept her performance up there. I prefer it to the shock factor that she was always striving for before.

Well it would be nice if we got both, in an ideal world. And it's perfectly plausible for a sub to come back and headline on the next album, but considering the decline of her albums I don't see it. Gaga 2017, the future can sort itself out. Although I think I'd prefer if Dave fell over again and she headlines the Sunday.

1 hour ago, jamestudor97 said:

I'm new here and someone may have already asked this and I maybe the biggest optimist but do you reckon Emily Eavis was lying about Daft Punk and Stone Roses? Just to throw the scent off a little? I mean Daft Punk seems less likely but The Stone Roses looks more probable?

As much as I'd love to say yes... I very much doubt it

Here it is.

Fri Radiohead Elbow

Sat Foo Fighters Lady gaga 

Sun Stone Roses Sheeran 

just discussed this this in the pub and it seems logical for the biggest festival in the world.

even if they can't afford it. Which is a shame to be honest as it would have been a decent selection considering who's available and who we will probably get, it's that annual building up of expectations that lets you down I guess. Green Day playing green fields also makes a lot of sense possibly

I watched her half time show and it's just more of the same from her really. Lots of confetti, fireworks and costume changes with little of real substance, maybe the odd catchty hook coming exclusively from her first 2 albums 10 years ago. After watching that orgy of OTT ridiculousness it's hard to believe Gaga would sub anyone. She'd utterly upstage Sheeran in terms of the spectacle of her show. I don't think she'll be at the farm at all

12 hours ago, jamestudor97 said:

In my own experience, Emily doesn't do false denials.