Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they'll bother this year - James were announced in advance - but if they do go ahead with it it wont be Maximo Park.  

It's the slot where bands go to die, but that's contingent on them having been alive in the first place.

Primal Scream seem like a better shout than most.  Tick all the right 1990s / Manchester / a few big tunes boxes.

I reckon Maximo is a good shout for headlining the Other Stage, Courteeners could be a shout for headlining the other stage one night? Had a massive crowd in 2015 and they're playing Old Trafford Cricket Ground the month before so anyone else think it's possible? Or are they a bit too marmite and localised to the North as well haha

1 minute ago, jamestudor97 said:

I reckon Maximo is a good shout for headlining the Other Stage, Courteeners could be a shout for headlining the other stage one night? Had a massive crowd in 2015 and they're playing Old Trafford Cricket Ground the month before so anyone else think it's possible? Or are they a bit too marmite and localised to the North as well haha

Nobody outside of Manchester gives a shit about them.

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

sorry no one inside Manchester gives sh*t about them either these days....

To be fair they sold out Albert Hall fairly quick. 

I think they'd get a middle of the pack slot on JP or low Other. They're certainly not down on the level of bands like The View.