Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

The hour delay did James no favours as it killed what little atmosphere there was stone dead. 

That bit is very true.

One thing I learned from watching James is that no matter how much you enjoy a band, if you're watching them with people who keep saying "this is shit" then you're likely to enjoy it a bit less.

Again, I look forward to going solo in June :)

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The hour delay did James no favours as it killed what little atmosphere there was stone dead. 

Absolutely, it also meant I was checking the time throughout cause I knew I was going to have to shoot off before the end to catch Night Beats at the Park. I thought James did a good job given the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Why are so many people still lying sleeping at 11am on the first day proper of the festival? That's the real quiz. 

Because there is plenty to do on the Thursday night.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Worked for me. My plan was to get down to t'Other as James started. My timing was wildly off and I arrived just as James started. 

Excess new songs aside, I enjoyed them very much.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because there is plenty to do on the Thursday night.

Worked for me. My plan was to get down to t'Other as James started. My timing was wildly off and I arrived just as James started. 

Excess new songs aside, I enjoyed them very much.

See I liked the new stuff.  Nothing But Love is a good one, and Surfer's Song sounded lovely on the day.  But then I had been listening to the album quite a bit beforehand.

3 minutes ago, SG87 said:

Quite enjoyed James last year. Managed to get a rare bit of sun in between them finishing and blossoms coming on as well.

Ah now, Blossoms.  So disappointing.  They were infinitely better at Pilton Party, so much better with a covered stage. Should have been in the JPT for me.