Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

sorry no one inside Manchester gives sh*t about them either these days....

My mate loves them. He uses my Deezer account. Because of that they keep coming on when I have it on flow in the car. I gave them a listen and it astounds me how big they have got. 

47 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm all out of Manchester Suburbs. 

The Newton Heath nob head

The Failsworth fuck wit

The Clayton cock wobbler

I quite like the idea of Mr. Williams opening the Other. In previous years I've always heard the music begin at Other from my lazy start at Pennards and I've been stricken with a horrible sense that Glastonbury's music has begun and I'm already missing out. 

Hearing that it's Robbie will make me feel much more at peace with easing into Friday, happy to answer 'where would you when Robbie played?' with 'taking a shit'.  

Just now, kalifire said:

I quite like the idea of Mr. Williams opening the Other. In previous years I've always heard the music begin at Other from my lazy start at Pennards and I've been stricken with a horrible sense that Glastonbury's music has begun and I'm already missing out. 

You make it sound like any of the acts that have opened the stage in the past few years have been worth getting up for.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hearing that it's Robbie will make me feel much more at peace with easing into Friday, happy to answer 'where would you when Robbie played?' with 'taking a shit'.  

In fact that's what I did last time he played.  "Let Me Entertain You" accompanied my trip to the farmhouse flushers.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I would probably join @Woffy for the "Friday Morning Opener" if Robbie's ego is opening the Other.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ever since they introduced the Other Stage Special Guests the Pyramid openers have all been pretty great.  

Going to the Other Stage is the Glastonbury equivalent of going to Aleppo on your holidays and then complaining when you get shot at.

Dunno about that.  I may be alone but I really enjoyed both Charlatans and James.  But then I am an odd one.

James were very good openers last year. They sounded spot on, and you could tell they were happy to be there. Suppose if you don't enjoy their music, it might not have been good, but you can't accuse them of going through the motions.