Headliner predictions 2017

swede

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As I've already said, I have a bit of difficulty seeing him perform before any of this years (supposed) headliners, and I can't see him playing lower - so I'd just about dismissed it.

But it's just occurred to me: could he be the Other Stage opening act? That'd work, I reckon.

Not unless they had someone equally massive opening the Pyramid, the Other field would barely be able to cope with Robbie Williams at headlining time

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eFestivals said:

I don't believe that for a second. It's not 1998 still.

No but he's still massive amongst certain demos, certain demos which have a fairly high crossover rate with your typical Pyramid dwellers. Certainly bigger than Blondie enough to make opening the Other jolly unsafe, at the very least 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's not quite Northern enough.

He's shit enough. 

And more than a big enough c**t. 

Although I'll have to fashion a Friday Other Opener Dump Stool Catcher Gizmo so I can recycle it to lob it at the fatuous twat rather than let it flop silently and wastefully into the soft woodchip pooduvet of the Other compost loos. 

47 minutes ago, Woffy said:

He's shit enough. 

And more than a big enough c**t. 

Although I'll have to fashion a Friday Other Opener Dump Stool Catcher Gizmo so I can recycle it to lob it at the fatuous twat rather than let it flop silently and wastefully into the soft woodchip pooduvet of the Other compost loos. 

I'm with you can't think of anyone less I'd want to see as an opener horrible smug shit faced cu** . 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

As I've already said, I have a bit of difficulty seeing him perform before any of this years (supposed) headliners, and I can't see him playing lower - so I'd just about dismissed it.

But it's just occurred to me: could he be the Other Stage opening act? That'd work, I reckon.

That would work for me. Means I get to lie in

33 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

If Robbie Williams plays the Other Stage morning slot I might camp by the Other Stage field. 

Just so I can say he played in my garden and I shut the curtains. 

Never would the lyrics "such a pretty garden, no alarms and no surprises please" have been so apt.

Unless it was a surprise Kaiser Chiefs set opening the Other Stage in addition to their announced slot once again.

I know we all knock him on here, but Id have to agree that he would get a crowd of dangerous levels if he opened other. The fact that he was being discussed as 'too big' (in a self absorbed sense) to sub would indicate that he could only play the pyramid.

The guy still sells out stadiums

Edited by mjsell

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Take That are from Manchester, ergo so is Robbie Williams.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Had this conversation the other day with my Midlands in-laws. Apparently not, as far as they're concerned. Weird. 

As a Londoner that all sounds North to me. Anything above Northampton is considered North to me. Clues in the name.

I am obviously joking

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

As a Midlander by birth I agree with your inlaws. Stoke is in Staffordshire, which is considered Midlands.

As far as I'm concerned anything south of the Mersey is the Midlands.  Anything south of Birmingham and east of Exeter is London.  Anything west of Exeter and south of Birmingham is Cornwall.

Glad to have cleared that up.