Peace Stage - Shangri-La

turkey twizzler

Two new stages for Shangri-La this year, Arrivals and Peace.

Arrivals has had a blurb put out describing it as G's first dedicated South Asian space and giving us an insight into what to expect:
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/shangri-la/arrivals/

But with the Peace stage there's nothing:
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/shangri-la/peace/

Anyone got any ideas or heard any rumours about what we're to expect with the Peace stage? Or do we think it's just going to be the same as Truth but with a different name?

Edited by turkey twizzler

Before it was Truth, it was Hell, so i presume its just a gentle rebrand as per the whole evolving Shangri-la thing. Wouldnt mind it being a bit differently set out, so there isnt a throughfare at the back as much (and a bit more heavy stuff on there would be lovely too, bring back Napalm Death etc!)

Edited by balti-pie

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Before it was Truth, it was Hell, so i presume its just a gentle rebrand as per the whole evolving Shangri-la thing. Wouldnt mind it being a bit differently set out, so there isnt a throughfair at the back as much (and a bit more heavy stuff on there would be lovely too, bring back Napalm Death etc!)

Yeah it's a shame they didn't carry on booking extreme metal acts after the 30 years of Earache year, would love some more of that represented at Glasto. I'll be going to Obscene Extreme two weeks after Glasto though so will get my fix then.

Edited by turkey twizzler
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Yeah it's a shame they didn't carry on booking any extreme metal acts after the 30 years of Earache year, would love some more of that represented at Glasto. I'll be going to Obscene Extreme two weeks after Glasto though so will get my fix then.

Just googled Obscene Extreme, it looks ace! Definitely a fair few bands i'd watch, that'll be a belter 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Yeah it's a shame they didn't carry on booking extreme metal acts after the 30 years of Earache year, would love some more of that represented at Glasto. I'll be going to Obscene Extreme two weeks after Glasto though so will get my fix then.

The Venom Prison/Gojira 1-2 in 2019 was f**king ace!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Before it was Truth, it was Hell, so i presume its just a gentle rebrand as per the whole evolving Shangri-la thing. Wouldnt mind it being a bit differently set out, so there isnt a throughfare at the back as much (and a bit more heavy stuff on there would be lovely too, bring back Napalm Death etc!)

Wasn't the first iteration of Truth/final iteration of Hell slightly tucked around a corner off the main Shangri-La highway? I'm sure it was. That was a great set-up, though I fear its capacity wouldn't be adequate now...

Ben

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wasn't the first iteration of Truth/final iteration of Hell slightly tucked around a corner off the main Shangri-La highway? I'm sure it was. That was a great set-up, though I fear its capacity wouldn't be adequate now...

Ben

It used to be Heaven and Hell opposite each other didn't it?  I think I remember Heaven was originally an indoor venue that usually had a bit of a queue and the following year it was outdoor.

Just now, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

It used to be Heaven and Hell opposite each other didn't it?  I think I remember Heaven was originally an indoor venue that usually had a bit of a queue and the following year it was outdoor.

Yeah, I mean after they dumped Heaven (which one year was a really odd venue - a sort of v small amphitheatre all in white, with no-one there most of the time). I wish my spangled memory could recall more about the version of Truth I'm thinking of. Might have been it's first year. 

Ben

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, I mean after they dumped Heaven (which one year was a really odd venue - a sort of v small amphitheatre all in white, with no-one there most of the time). I wish my spangled memory could recall more about the version of Truth I'm thinking of. Might have been it's first year. 

Ben

I also remember the short-lived Clash stage from 2017. Had balconies on either side with the crowd below the DJs but had a ridiculous Soundsystem at ground level. Opposite the original version of the Gas Tower...which was also far superior to the current iteration 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

With Heaven they did have the inside part, but no idea if that was open at night, went one day, told my sins to be let in ( had to tell a few the cheeky angels) and wondered through the white rooms, finding mixmaster Morris spinning tunes while a harp player did their thing, was very good. Then there was an inner part but not sure my spangled brain remembers the inner part so well

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I also remember the short-lived Clash stage from 2017. Had balconies on either side with the crowd below the DJs but had a ridiculous Soundsystem at ground level. Opposite the original version of the Gas Tower...which was also far superior to the current iteration 

Oh yes! Maybe THAT'S the stage I'm thinking of!! Although wasn't that 'on the right' and then if you went past it and veered to the left you got to Truth v1.0?

This is ridiculous. I need to let this go! 

Ben

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ah yes I remember that. Spent a glorious hour or 2 there

38 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I miss Club Dada, some great acts in there.

Me and a friend snuck behind a fence one night, managed to get on that bridge and got thrown off by the stewards (not literally).

StewardsWillBreakYourLegs