Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, shepton fuchsias said:

Given its supposed to be like the original tour poster from over 30 years ago, which was way before Word was invented, its hardly a surprise is it.

You can remake an old poster at the same time as bringing it up to date though.

You wouldn't get a remake of a old film being done on 70s equipment would ya?

36 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I keep having a dream where it's Radiohead - Ed - The Stone Roses but then my alarm goes off and I realise it's Foo's (an early entry to the South West corner) on the Sunday night 

If The Prodigy dont appear Friday then my early entry is going to be Friday night although I shall checkout a bit of Arcadia 1st. I'd like Ed to be announced so a couple of Ed bets come in.

On 12/01/2017 at 7:43 AM, Alan_C said:

Kaiser Chiefs subbing the Pyramid in 2017? What a depressing thought if true. It really defies belief how they have gained popularity just from Ricky Wilson being on a karaoke TV show. Nobody gave a shit about them anymore, about 5 years ago. Would be a seriously depressing booking in my opinion. 

I've just (belatedly, I know) found out Gavin Rossdale is his replacement on The Voice. Scary thought for the future.

3 hours ago, mufcok said:

I keep having a dream where it's Radiohead - Ed - The Stone Roses but then my alarm goes off and I realise it's Foo's (an early entry to the South West corner) on the Sunday night 

How can you say just because Foos are headlining the Pyramid that it's an early entry to the SE corner? Is it Pyramid headliner or bust, with no consideration for the other stages? Genuine question, not a criticism, I just see it said so often I've always wondered about people's reasons.

2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

How can you say just because Foos are headlining the Pyramid that it's an early entry to the SE corner? Is it Pyramid headliner or bust, with no consideration for the other stages? Genuine question, not a criticism, I just see it said so often I've always wondered about people's reasons.

Yeah slight exaggeration on my part, probably because of a few failed attempts at getting into the South East Corner last year I'm kinda looking for a night when I can go there early. If there's someone I'm into headlining another stage though, that plan will go to shit

17 hours ago, mufcok said:

Yeah slight exaggeration on my part, probably because of a few failed attempts at getting into the South East Corner last year I'm kinda looking for a night when I can go there early. If there's someone I'm into headlining another stage though, that plan will go to shit

This will be my 3rd year and not had a chance to experience the SE corner yet. Last year I was gonna go on the Sunday night as I wasn't fussed about any of the headliners but stories of the Saturday night chaos put me off (put myself through Cold play :/)I'm not a Radiohead fan so unless something else grabs me on another stage on the Friday then I may try and take that as my opportunity to check it out.

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

This will be my 3rd year and not had a chance to experience the SE corner yet. Last year I was gonna go on the Sunday night as I wasn't fussed about any of the headliners but stories of the Saturday night chaos put me off (put myself through Cold play :/)I'm not a Radiohead fan so unless something else grabs me on another stage on the Friday then I may try and take that as my opportunity to check it out.

go on Thursday, most if not all of it is open from about 7pm onwards IIRC. there's also some parts open on Wednesday too. going down after midnight on Fri-Sun for a gawk is pretty pointless IMO, unless you want to see a particular act playing there. far too busy with people packed in getting shunted aimlessly around the place, especially in Shangri-La. other parts aren't too bad.

Edited by ghostdancer1

25 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

go on Thursday, most if not all of it is open from about 7pm onwards IIRC. there's also some parts open on Wednesday too. going down after midnight on Fri-Sun for a gawk is pretty pointless IMO, unless you want to see a particular act playing there. far too busy with people packed in getting shunted aimlessly around the place, especially in Shangri-La. other parts aren't too bad.

Good shout. For some reason I always forget I have the Wednesday and Thursday night to play with.

6 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but was just watching the Ed Sheeran interview from Zane Lowe. Ed says 'There's something coming in the summer that will be one of the highlights of my career' when talking about shows. Surely he should be TBC status by now? 

It's so guaranteed that as much as I'd like to see them, I'm kind of hoping Foo's aren't actually the third headliner, purely so we can have some kind of surprise.

I'm aware of the irony of expecting surprises when I'm in what is effectively a spoiler thread...