The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

45 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Forget the weather over the actual festival, we are moving very closely to the point where they'll need a decent spell of sustained dry weather for the build. Doesn't look like it's coming next week though, does it? 

Site is dry according to someone there yesterday 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If it is it must be the only part if the UK that isn't under 6 inches of water.

The north has definitely taken the brunt … there’s been some rain down south but not huge amounts ( unscientific sorry ) that has been followed by dry and warm days .

No evidence of churnups onsite from any photos I’ve seen so far . Trackway should be dealing with the bulk of heavy traffic though 

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Forget the weather over the actual festival, we are moving very closely to the point where they'll need a decent spell of sustained dry weather for the build. Doesn't look like it's coming next week though, does it? 

I know they have decent drainage but it is a little worrying. Personally, I don't mind what happens weather-wise as long as the entry and exit is dry. Those car parks can be a nightmare!

Just came back from a small festival (chepstow) that due to the rain last night has led to car park closed and no day tickets. It was biblical and 3000 people (guestimate of numbers) absolutely have caused (already soft) ground to churn up quicky

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The north has definitely taken the brunt … there’s been some rain down south but not huge amounts ( unscientific sorry ) that has been followed by dry and warm days .

No evidence of churnups onsite from any photos I’ve seen so far . Trackway should be dealing with the bulk of heavy traffic though 

Too early for Dave & Co to be on site surely 😉

I have only ever been to Glastonbury 2019. I remember the weather in the lead up to the festival was exactly what we have now. It turned out to be glorious weather for the festival, however it was still in doubt even on the Wednesday. I remember taking, wellies, trainers and flip flops. 

Edited by Brad75

9 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

I can say in Glasgow right now it miserable. Surely it can't be this bad in the southwest!

An hour ago the festival webcam was obliterated with the heavy rain, now it’s clear and there’s a great view of the Tor. 
Our Ayrshire rain has given way to a gentle drizzle allowing plagues of midges to attack anyone foolish enough to leave exposed skin😉😊

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

An hour ago the festival webcam was obliterated with the heavy rain, now it’s clear and there’s a great view of the Tor. 
Our Ayrshire rain has given way to a gentle drizzle allowing plagues of midges to attack anyone foolish enough to leave exposed skin😉😊

Aich, the dreaded midges! At least we don't have to cope with those bad boys at Glastonbury!

At this time of year I’m normally glued to jetstream forecast for some glimmers of hope. 
Currently it’s flowing over north coast of Spain, which is no good for them, the French or us. We’re stuck in cooler zone of air.

IMG_6667.jpeg.2396d2f719484f1af92f7de80f6ede61.jpeg

by June 11 it’s a good 5-800 miles further north and my hope is that’s a direction of travel set to continue- if it can nudge over Scotland then we would be in great shape, 🤞🤞

IMG_6666.jpeg.dce5b427435ffdb1c2936c0c10a40042.jpeg
so all I’m saying is it’s shifting northwards which it what we need it to be doing. 🤞 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

At this time of year I’m normally glued to jetstream forecast for some glimmers of hope. 
Currently it’s flowing over north coast of Spain, which is no good for them, the French or us. We’re stuck in cooler zone of air.

IMG_6667.jpeg.2396d2f719484f1af92f7de80f6ede61.jpeg

by June 11 it’s a good 5-800 miles further north and my hope is that’s a direction of travel set to continue- if it can nudge over Scotland then we would be in great shape, 🤞🤞

IMG_6666.jpeg.dce5b427435ffdb1c2936c0c10a40042.jpeg
so all I’m saying is it’s shifting northwards which it what we need it to be doing. 🤞 

This is the only kind of analysis I will accept. Good job 😉 

• Thanks 1