The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

On 5/3/2024 at 12:59 PM, Toilet Duck said:

I don’t remember any rain of note in 2017? Bit of drizzle on the Wednesday night after a scorcher of a day, then overcast and mild the rest of the time. Think I was in trainers all weekend, not even boots. Remember thinking it was pretty much perfect, or am I mixing up my years? 2005 is certainly the last year I wore wellies though! (Not even in 2007!). 

you may be right!  I know it wasn't completely dry but It was certainly no 2016

This feels like the longest sustained period of warm dry weather we've had since last year's festival... This is day 4 or 5 in a row of sunshine now, has it been the same down in Somerset? 

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

This feels like the longest sustained period of warm dry weather we've had since last year's festival... This is day 4 or 5 in a row of sunshine now, has it been the same down in Somerset? 

It's rained every day in Buckinghamshire, bar Saturday. Which was still sh*t

4 hours ago, Franky said:

It's rained every day in Buckinghamshire, bar Saturday. Which was still sh*t

Much the same in the midlands, but only the occasional short shower really, we had a thunderstorm earlier that was like a wet fart and over in 15 minutes.  At least it's getting warmer.

44 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Lovely day sat . Sunday overcast . Really sunny today shorts and tshirt weather . . Will be fine 

Opposite for us Kent folk. Has rained today from dawn til dusk. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Lovely day sat . Sunday overcast . Really sunny today shorts and tshirt weather . . Will be fine 

Rained pretty consistently since about 2pm here 😞 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Now pissing it down 😂

Its slightly concerning now as for the build crew the ground is going to be very soft underfoot.......hope this isn't a repeat of 2016!

I think from next week onwards the build really starts to take shape (unless i'm mistaken)

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Its slightly concerning now as for the build crew the ground is going to be very soft underfoot.......hope this isn't a repeat of 2016!

I think from next week onwards the build really starts to take shape (unless i'm mistaken)

Seems to be draining fine @DareToDibble was there not long ago and the top pretty dry . Fence and cover definately going on / up this week . But forecast is dry here fingers crossed it’s accurate 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Seems to be draining fine @DareToDibble was there not long ago and the top pretty dry . Fence and cover definately going on / up this week . But forecast is dry here fingers crossed it’s accurate 

Lets hope so, in general day to day life its getting pretty annoying taking a waterproof jacket to work everyday in May ffs!

I'm away on holiday for a week in Ireland 8th-15th June then off to Germany for the Euros 16th-23rd so I'm hoping at least one of my June excursions has some decent weather! 

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

Much the same in the midlands, but only the occasional short shower really, we had a thunderstorm earlier that was like a wet fart and over in 15 minutes.  At least it's getting warmer.

I'm in the Midlands, Derbyshire... It was hot and sunny again today, despite the forecast... We've had an unbelievable bank holiday weekend, nice weather from start to finish, and no change forecast. 

13 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I'm in the Midlands, Derbyshire... It was hot and sunny again today, despite the forecast... We've had an unbelievable bank holiday weekend, nice weather from start to finish, and no change forecast. 

Yes me too in Shropshire - absolutely wonderful weekend.

19 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yes me too in Shropshire - absolutely wonderful weekend.

Even up here it was decent, sixmile walk to get the fitness up then 500 yards from home I was drawn into a pub with a beer garden.  Steak pie, chips and three pints of Poretti😊

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Even up here it was decent, sixmile walk to get the fitness up then 500 yards from home I was drawn into a pub with a beer garden.  Steak pie, chips and three pints of Poretti😊

We had a free music festival round the pubs of Shrewsbury - well, the music was free, the beer wasn't!  Last year's was in torrents of rain - so much better in the sunshine!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Perversely, I like the bad long range weather forecasts as I’d much prefer this than the vague promise of glorious weather, which I know from bitter experience changes and my hopes are dashed:

IMG_1376.jpeg

yep, looks like the end is in sight for our amazing dry spell in this part of the midlands. 😢

IMG_3782.thumb.jpeg.b953a3a44e8493553e93c3fc7465cca2.jpeg