What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's more a lunch but I have started writing down points to cover so yep it's a pretty serious working lunch!! 😄 I take this very seriously!!

"wait, you put through an incorrect reg number or one that was in two groups, thereby blocking the sale? 

I'm afraid you're outside the circle of trust" 

12 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Just done a 13k walk, need to sort my fitness out now I’m firmly in the heart attack zone age wise, mid to late 40s, Glastonbury is a short term target to keep me focused. I’m doing 10-13k twice a week at a fast pace, 3x personal training sessions a week plus a bimble in the woods with friends at the weekend.

I can't waste any effort avoiding a heart attack until I see how successful I am in the resale 😉

17 hours ago, clarkete said:

"wait, you put through an incorrect reg number or one that was in two groups, thereby blocking the sale? 

I'm afraid you're outside the circle of trust" 

They'd be more than outside the circle of trust if they did that. They'd be dead to me!!

Starting to think about how to manage Glastonbury with a arthritic hip which has suddenly decided to become painful and restrictive of my mobility ( no issues until a few weeks ago 🙁) Diet plan, exercise plan and pain management now a priority to get myself ready.

Had a boozy weekend away with some mates.

In the build up one of the crew has been raving about these to keep hangovers at bay. 

I’ve woken up fresh as a daisy both days despite drinking my weight in Jäger, so maybe worth it for a few of you if you suffer.

Take them before you go to bed. 

6E17754E-BE86-4A1D-8974-7F4CF4E205D1.jpeg

Edited by nikkic

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

In the build up one of the crew has been raving about these to keep hangovers at bay. 

I’ve woken up fresh as a daisy both days despite drinking my weight in Jäger, so maybe worth it for a few of you if you suffer.

5360072239-HYDRO-LEMON.jpg?w=430&h=430&a

I always take a couple of tubes of this to festivals to share around our group. Good idea for hot days and tastes pretty good too.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I thought these were just paracetamol in a different form but tesco's site has no ingredients list (seems a bit weird honestly)

Boots has the same product with this in though if anyone was curious:

"What is in this medicine

Each sachet contains Anhydrous Citric Acid 1185 mg, Anhydrous Sodium Carbonate 153 mg, Paracetamol 1000 mg, Potassium Bicarbonate 715 mg, Sodium Bicarbonate 808 mg, which are the active ingredients.

As well as the active ingredients, the sachets also contain ascorbic acid, acesulfame potassium (E950), aspartame (E951), orange flavour (containing maltodextrin, gum arabic, triacetin, alpha-tocopherol (E307)), quinoline yellow (E104), sunset yellow (E110).

The pack contains 10 sachets of creamy/white effervescent powder."

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

I thought these were just paracetamol in a different form but tesco's site has no ingredients list (seems a bit weird honestly)

Each sachet contains Anhydrous Citric Acid 1185 mg, Anhydrous Sodium Carbonate 153 mg, Paracetamol 1000 mg, Potassium Bicarbonate 715 mg, Sodium Bicarbonate 808 mg, which are the active ingredients.

As well as the active ingredients, the sachets also contain ascorbic acid, acesulfame potassium (E950), aspartame (E951), orange flavour (containing maltodextrin, gum arabic, triacetin, alpha-tocopherol (E307)), quinoline yellow (E104), sunset yellow (E110).

I thought they were cheapy berocca, but that's a lot more active ingredients than them. 

57 minutes ago, gfa said:

Boots dioralyte powder does the same thing. Hangovers are caused by dehydration which also means you're peeing out a load of sugar, salt and other electrolytes over the course of the night. 

You need to replace the liquid but also the salt etc as well (which is why you crave fatty food). That's why dioralyte works so well, it's essentially the same treatment needed for diarrhoea.

Make up a batch and down it before bed. I swear by it.