What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

On rail travel, can anyone explain why the West Coast line has gone from a reliable 2hr 7m between London and Manchester when Virgin was running it to waaaay longer than that under Avanti? 

Edited by kalifire

6 hours ago, Neil said:

I'M NOT SURE I'M GOING UNTIL I FIND OUT WHETHER MY CAMEWRVAN CAN GET IN THE ACCESSIBLE FIELD IF IT DOESN'T I'M NOT SURE I CAN DO IT.

Even if you can’t get it in the accessible field last festival there were a lot of people who stayed in general camping or the CV fields and still made use of the facilities-scooter hire and charging accessible cut throughs and shuttle bus etc. so even if you don’t get your van in the field there are still options if you have registered with the accessibility team. No excuses-see you on the farm

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

On rail travel, can anyone explain why the West Coast line has gone from a reliable 2hr 7m between London and Manchester when Virgin was running it to waaaay longer than that under Avanti? 

Depends when you're travelling I think. During the week its still about that if you get a service that doesn't stop at Milton Keynes.

It seems to only really be longer at the weekends, especially Sundays - I think because they stop more and also probably because of HS2/engineering works imposing speed restrictions. 

30 minutes ago, tarw said:

Even if you can’t get it in the accessible field last festival there were a lot of people who stayed in general camping or the CV fields and still made use of the facilities-scooter hire and charging accessible cut throughs and shuttle bus etc. so even if you don’t get your van in the field there are still options if you have registered with the accessibility team. No excuses-see you on the farm

getting from somewhere else to that field to collect my daily mobility scooter hire will be impossible, and make doing glastonbury impossible.

i wouldn't get up the hill to the public campervan fields, either.

i need my campervan so i can have all the stuff i need to cope with my disability.

Edited by Neil

51 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Because Avanti are shit.

I live in Rochdale and it is faster and more reliable for me to travel to Leeds to get to London and cheaper. 

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

getting from somewhere else to that field to collect my daily mobility scooter hire will be impossible, and make doing glastonbury impossible.

i wouldn't get up the hill to the public campervan fields, either.

i need my campervan so i can have all the stuff i need to cope with my disability.

I’m sure you’ll get sorted. Have you got a contact in T&C crew camping?  The shuttle bus picks up in T&C campsite and takes you to Spring ground https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ACCESSIBILITY-2019.jpg

Edited by tarw
Added map link

7 minutes ago, tarw said:

I’m sure you’ll get sorted. Have you got a contact in T&C crew camping?  The shuttle bus picks up in T&C campsite and takes you to Spring ground https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ACCESSIBILITY-2019.jpg

thanks, thats useful, i might manage to get in another crew's camping, so the shuttle might work.

Today I booked our flight tickets, finalised our campervan, booked a cheeky stopover weekend in Qatar on the way (the 40+ degrees will help with adjusting to the glorious summer temperatures we will experience on the farm), I got my address for CV ticket changed and read every single post on newbie CV attendees. Only thing left to do is grab my sister a ticket in the re-sales (🤞) and this is hotting up to be the best Glasto ever!

Ok so having trouble trying to book train fare on GWR. Their app is giving me errors for some reason. Is it because Im not in the country? Or their app isnt iphone friendly? Was trying to see how it was for a trip from london to bath. And then glasto back to london. But cant even input the station to start. Im just doing this and nothing works. 😕

0D37BEB5-6F09-4B2C-8584-AD9107FA1CC4.jpeg

Try trainline

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Ok so having trouble trying to book train fare on GWR. Their app is giving me errors for some reason. Is it because Im not in the country? Or their app isnt iphone friendly? Was trying to see how it was for a trip from london to bath. And then glasto back to london. But cant even input the station to start. Im just doing this and nothing works. 😕

0D37BEB5-6F09-4B2C-8584-AD9107FA1CC4.jpeg

I

40 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Have you tried ticketysplit?  Cheaper but may mean a couple of transfers.

https://ticketysplit.trainsplit.com/

Price is the same. This is crazy, hopefully its an error and the regular fares will pop up when theyre supposed to. But for now Im def booking my glasto return since thats a much bigger deal. Worst case I take a coach to Bath for £10, but I wasnt too keen on that 3 hour bus trip. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Price is the same. This is crazy, hopefully its an error and the regular fares will pop up when theyre supposed to. But for now Im def booking my glasto return since thats a much bigger deal. Worst case I take a coach to Bath for £10, but I wasnt too keen on that 3 hour bus trip. 

Unfortunately train fares over here have just gone through the roof (I say "just" - I've only recently been looking for any myself for the first time since the pandemic). Cheapest fares I can find from Liverpool to London are £53 - most of them are about £90. It's an intense climb on what it was a few years ago (£35 return typically).

5 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Unfortunately train fares over here have just gone through the roof (I say "just" - I've only recently been looking for any myself for the first time since the pandemic). Cheapest fares I can find from Liverpool to London are £53 - most of them are about £90. It's an intense climb on what it was a few years ago (£35 return typically).

Some of that is just that schedules are still in flux a bit - it used to be that train companies put cheap (advance single) tickets on sale 10-12 weeks ahead of time - right now for my local train company it tends to be more like 4 weeks once the schedules are locked in.

56 minutes ago, incident said:

Some of that is just that schedules are still in flux a bit - it used to be that train companies put cheap (advance single) tickets on sale 10-12 weeks ahead of time - right now for my local train company it tends to be more like 4 weeks once the schedules are locked in.

Yeah, I was talking to a uk mate and said to just hold tight that the lower fares will come around. At least there is an alternative if I have to do it.

Edited by Suprefan