What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Tested my setup for the resale help on Thursday and Sunday..... @Superscally

Laptop 1 on Mobile 1 hotspot with 3 second autorefresh on Seetickets page.

Laptop 2 on Mobile 2 hotspot with 3 second autorefresh on Seetickets page.

Laptop 3 on work VPN for manual F5 on Seetickets page

Tablet 1 on home WiFi with Mrs P on manual F5 on Seetickets page

Tablet 2 on home WiFi on EFests and Twitter

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I take it from that your informed advice is still no more than one browser per IP address, for fear of hitting the limit on a load balancer?

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Was just going to go with the Lenor bottle again but might get some of these this time around. I always need a piss at about 4am and it saves the ignominy of having to carry a bottle of your own piss to the nearest toilet. 

I'm not convinced that putting a (single use) plastic pouch of your own piss to the nearest bin, for some poor fucker in the recycling centre to have to deal with is any better.

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I take it from that your informed advice is still no more than one browser per IP address, for fear of hitting the limit on a load balancer?

One device per connection, and hence one IP per connection, each with a single browser/single tab is my approach yes.

The scale of risk to a risk to your chances remains unproven but there is certainly evidence to show that making more than 1 attempt per second over a 60 second period is likely to automatically throw you the 'Busy' page, which during the sale would be a bad thing to happen as you would not know whether you'd got it due to the system being genuinely busy, or because you breached the limit.

Multiple connections with a single device on each all staying within the 1 attempt/second would seem to be the safest yet most effective approach therefore.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Spreadsheet open on 1 ? 

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Ah yes.....resale spreadsheet open on Tablet 2.  Once you get notice of successes will it update automatically or need to be closed/reopened?

When I was on there last time I could see @vintagelaureate doing some updates … so I presume it will update without the need to refresh 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

When I was on there last time I could see @vintagelaureate doing some updates … so I presume it will update without the need to refresh 

Cool.  Will you repost the link so I can make sure I have the correct copy....or will you be doing that pre-Thurs anyway with groups/helpers shown?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I'd been thinking this week "who's that clever beggar who always has some technical insight into what we think works" 

As if by magic, the shop keeper appeared. 

30 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'd been thinking this week "who's that clever beggar who always has some technical insight into what we think works" 

As if by magic, the shop keeper appeared. 

Ha I'm sure I'm not the only one....and after 2 1/2 years I've had to remind myself of how to go about things.  Just glad I made a note of exactly how I set things up for the 2019 sale.

I've also checked out See's set up as best I can and I'm happy to confirm it looks like they are running the same set up as previously. 

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ha I'm sure I'm not the only one....and after 2 1/2 years I've had to remind myself of how to go about things.  Just glad I made a note of exactly how I set things up for the 2019 sale.

I've also checked out See's set up as best I can and I'm happy to confirm it looks like they are running the same set up as previously. 

Thank you for the info 😊

Every year I think "ooh save some screen shots and other stuff" but it all passes in a fabric blur. I may have some...somewhere. 

I know I've certainly had a few years where I failed on multiple devices with auto refreshes and the like, where my sis sorted them on a single ipad. 

25 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Thank you for the info 😊

Every year I think "ooh save some screen shots and other stuff" but it all passes in a fabric blur. I may have some...somewhere. 

I know I've certainly had a few years where I failed on multiple devices with auto refreshes and the like, where my sis sorted them on a single ipad. 

Divide and Conquer is my approach, while keeping things as manageable and simple as possible.

The auto refresh I run is the simple Chrome Easy Auto Refresh extension which allows you to set a refresh rate in seconds.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/easy-auto-refresh/aabcgdmkeabbnleenpncegpcngjpnjkc?hl=en

I set 3 seconds so that there is time to hit the stop button if a booking page appears (although I'm pretty certain that if it refreshes again before you hit stop you still have the booking page as the session is maintained for 10 minutes).

Having 2 devices auto-refreshing once every 3 seconds, plus manual F5 say every 2 seconds on 2 devices means an average 'attempt' rate of 1.6/second, but spread over 4 devices and 4 IP's so no risk of breaching the 1/second limit.

I also write down all the Names/Registrations/Postcodes, plus payment account details on a single sheet of A4 and have that in front of me for when needed.  Not sure why but I prefer that to using autofill.

All the rest is down to luck 😬

Edited by parsonjack
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sku said:

Based on the revolutionary law of probability, this machine will tell us the precise IP address we should use to secure a Glastonbury resale ticket.

computer-willywonka.jpg

it's located in Nuneaton based on years of evidence of my mate getting through pretty much within the first 5 minutes of every sale he's tried.

Now the question is would you move to Nuneaton for it...

Started setting up my new phone. Downloaded autohotkeys for windows (been too busy at work to do anything else but will experiment over the weekend) Arranged a meet up with one of my resale team to go over strategy. Got in contact with another friend who is helping in the resale. Have asked everyone willing to help me if they can help the whole Efestivals resale crew. Started creating my Glasto playlist. Man the line up is sooooo good!!

Have even started visualising being successful and queuing to get in on the Wednesday. You'll all be pleased to know in my visualisation there is blue skies and no mud!! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Have even started visualising being successful and queuing to get in on the Wednesday. You'll all be pleased to know in my visualisation there is blue skies and no mud!! 

Think those after a ticket should & will be manifesting those exact same thoughts! 

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Arranged a meet up with one of my resale team to go over strategy. 

That all sounds hardcore, but that especially. I envisage you standing in front of a plan on the wall with a pointy stick. 

27 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That all sounds hardcore, but that especially. I envisage you standing in front of a plan on the wall with a pointy stick. 

It's more a lunch but I have started writing down points to cover so yep it's a pretty serious working lunch!! 😄 I take this very seriously!!

Just done a 13k walk, need to sort my fitness out now I’m firmly in the heart attack zone age wise, mid to late 40s, Glastonbury is a short term target to keep me focused. I’m doing 10-13k twice a week at a fast pace, 3x personal training sessions a week plus a bimble in the woods with friends at the weekend.

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Yes!!! I like this...