What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

50 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Sorry I didn't get the pleasure of coming to see you in the BRI fell

thanks, no one did it was no-visitors at the time, i'd got myself transferred back to Bristol so the wife could visit easily, and no visiting was allowed, i didn't really notice the lack of visits until i was back home, (whatsapp video was a lifesaver for virtual visits, and whatsapp text for giving the wife a running commentary of my progress.

50 minutes ago, clarkete said:

- it really must have been an awful time to be in hospital, plus it sounded as though every time things looked up a bit there was some other blooming setback.

hospital was wonderful, great caring nurses made a huge difference at making me feel comfortable, that level of dependence is a living hell, and they made it great. no sure there were really any set-backs, apart from the broken ribs, they didn't help, coughing when i had pneumonia was hell.

am recovering well, and getting used to my changed circumstances,  festivals here i come. 🙂 

Edited by Neil

26 minutes ago, Neil said:

thanks, no one did it was no-visitors at the time, i'd got myself transferred back to Bristol so the wife could visit easily, and no visiting was allowed, i didn't really notice the lack of visits until i was back home, (whatsapp video was a lifesaver for virtual visits, and whatsapp text for giving the wife a running commentary of my progress.

hospital was wonderful, great caring nurses made a huge difference at making me feel comfortable, that level of dependence is a living hell, and they made it great. no sure there were really any set-backs, apart from the broken ribs, they didn't help, coughing when i had pneumonia was hell.

am recovering well, and getting used to my changed circumstances,  festivals here i come. 🙂 

Aww your other half has clearly had a torrid time of it too 😒.

I've been to most of the Brizzle hospitals at some point but BRI has that combination of old buildings and occasional nutters for patients. It was clear from your quantity of posts that at least you had something to do for 5 or so months in solitary. 

I know what you mean about folks who work in the NHS. This isn't the thread to say it, but a pox on those scum who applauded them during the pandemic and then cheered as they voted in the commons to deny them a decent pay rise. 

One of the set backs I think was you rolling over a scooter at some point? Was that a class 3? I remember my mum driving hers through M&S and people needing to get out of her way sharpish 😉

I'm sure you've had countless other tips and isn't it @glasto-worker who is the authority, but has also been there at times of reduced mobility too? 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Just remembered another setback, a few weeks after getting home I fell over and broke my hip, which had me back in bri for two weeks. 

Bloody hell, tbh it was hard to get a full enough picture of quite how difficult things have been, you poor beggar x

28 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Bloody hell, tbh it was hard to get a full enough picture of quite how difficult things have been, you poor beggar x

another setback, i crashed a mobility scooter and broke my elbow. i'm done with the disasters now.  🙂 

23 weeks in hospital for few medical reasons(most sat around passing time), when all i wanted was to be at home. i finally got home and put myself back in hospital (the broken hip)  within a few weeks. the nhs were wonderful, i cant say it loudly enough!

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

another setback, i crashed a mobility scooter and broke my elbow. i'm done with the disasters now.  🙂 

23 weeks in hospital for few medical reasons(most sat around passing time), when all i wanted was to be at home. i finally got home and put myself back in hospital (the broken hip)  within a few weeks. the nhs were wonderful, i cant say it loudly enough!

Yeah, you clearly shouldn't have got that mobility scooter chipped before you'd sorted the handling 😉

That's too many broken bones, still at least you were probably pumped full of oramorph or whatever you get for that.

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

at least you were probably pumped full of oramorph or whatever you get for that.

i was @(w\as offered it intravenous by ambulance man, i turned it down) i'm sorted with trammodol nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

i was @(w\as offered it intravenous by ambulance man, i turned it down) i'm sorted with trammodol nowadays.

Lucky you, well as long as you don't do what my mum did and double drop and get a bit confused. Mind you, she wasn't complaining about pain then 😉

5 hours ago, Charm said:

This is properly ace, where did you get it. 
Charm x

Originally Etsy, but because I'm a lanky mo fo it didn't fit so had to send it back. 

Then the wife spotted them on Amazon in bigger sizes.

So a couple of options for you to try!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Lucky you, well as long as you don't do what my mum did and double drop and get a bit confused. Mind you, she wasn't complaining about pain then 😉

i had a major nhs tour, of five hospitals, three in bristol, not southmead (amazing how they vary) south bristol was fabulous.

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ooh I've not been to South Brizzle, exciting 😊

its fantastic there, i ended up at the last bit of frenchay for around ten weeks.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

its fantastic there, i ended up at the last bit of frenchay for around ten weeks.

Oh, is that what it replaced? 

For a while i had a neurologist who was a young (compared to me) lass based there.  That was certainly humbling in terms of her great skill and incredible levels of knowledge - whilst at the time half their operation was in tin huts 😊

South bristol hospital replaced bristol General hospital about ten years ago. Frenchay still has biru which is brain injury rehad unit. It's good but it's not South Bristol.

To get ready today:

- Bought two Foals & one Undertones CD

- Downloaded some Billie Eilish for research purposes

- Copied 'abridged Glasto playlist' over to my girlfriend

- Found my efestivals password 😬

- Listening to my 'full Glasto playlist' while at my desk in the office (had some Primal Scream, Kendrick Lamar, Fatboy Slim, Caribou, Diana Ross, Macca on amongst others)

Just got my yellow bus through its MOT (pesky ABS light that wouldn't go off).  Will be our first time in Campervan East (usually a West person).  I can see myself on autopilot at 4 in the morning going to the wrong side of the site!

On 3/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, gfa said:

Can't go wrong with Anker - here's the one I have its got a pretty good deal on right now too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S829LBX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing to watch out for with really is you never know how much is actually in the battery - some of the non-branded ones may be amazing, but for every 1 thats not lying is about 10 that holds a 1/4 of what it says.

edit: @jimmillen posted the same one! 

Thanks guys. Was all set to purchase and then it went up by a tenner! Bookmarking for when it goes down again. Damn Amazon’s ‘dynamic’ pricing.

Today I booked our car hire. My dad (absolute hero) drives us early hours of the morning on Wednesday and picks us up on Monday morning. We get the transfer bus from/to Bath & West. 

Never been so excited about discussing what time we would collect a hire care before.