What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

I recently had a bit of a wobble over whether I was going to attend this year as I've barely moved in the last 2 years and I wasn't sure if I was up to it anymore.  My son convinced me though and I've ordered a new tent (as some bugger stole mine last festival) with that fancy blackout malarkey so I can sleep in later.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

I recently had a bit of a wobble over whether I was going to attend this year as I've barely moved in the last 2 years and I wasn't sure if I was up to it anymore.  My son convinced me though and I've ordered a new tent (as some bugger stole mine last festival) with that fancy blackout malarkey so I can sleep in later.

Great to hear you’ve made that decision! But wait… someone stole your entire TENT? How did that happen? 

20 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Great to hear you’ve made that decision! But wait… someone stole your entire TENT? How did that happen? 

It was on the train on the journey home.  I mean, it could have been an accident and someone picked it up in error but I had my name and address in marker pen in the see through bit on the outside so it was well marked.  I was sat right by the luggage rack it was in and when I got off it was gone, never saw the culprit.  It was a shame as it had only done 2 festivals and a camping weekend in Wales, but it seems that the darkest days of winter were the best ones to buy a tent in as I got myself a bargain that is a blackout version of the model of tent I've always used for festivals (Eurohike Avon).

47 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

Went window shopping for a tent and other supplies. Decided at my big age I can’t rough it anymore and sleep on the floor. Invested in a fold up bed. 

We went for new air beds instead of fold up ones . Two singles so during the day we can pile one on top of the other creating a bit of space, that’s the main problem  with air beds. At least the fold up  one can be packed away. As age creeps up on you getting the sleeping sorted out takes precedence over how much beer you can carry on to site ! 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We went for new air beds instead of fold up ones . Two singles so during the day we can pile one on top of the other creating a bit of space, that’s the main problem  with air beds. At least the fold up  one can be packed away. As age creeps up on you getting the sleeping sorted out takes precedence over how much beer you can carry on to site ! 

To be honest, the last two years I’ve been, I had a coach ticket so was limited to the things I could bring. Always planned on getting a blow up bed once we got there but the alcohol takes over and it never happened. But I’m driving this year so I will happily make an extra trip to the car to bring some comfort with me. My back can’t take it any more 😂

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I can’t stress enough how a blow up bed, quilt and proper pillow have changed my Glastonbury life. 

Utterly essential. 

I camped up in the lakes last year and took a quilt and proper pillow and I have to agree 100%. Looking forward to utter comfort at Glastonbury this year.