What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Three nights hotel booked in Glastonbury pre festival, and just booked another night on the Monday after festival, allowing a rest and a decent wash before heading for that sad long drive home. 

We’ve booked the Monday and Tuesday at the premier inn. Was thinking about booking a day after the fest but it’s only Manchester. 

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

We’ve booked the Monday and Tuesday at the premier inn. Was thinking about booking a day after the fest but it’s only Manchester. 

It’s Saturday Sunday and Monday for us in a hotel in town, Tuesday night, the festival car park! wouldn’t be the same without that tradition and in through the WV gate early. Doing the premier inn after the festival. Great to plan all this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

I need to get Glasto booked at my firm but they've killed the booking app which means I can't book anything yet...

Basically they either give me that week or they're looking for another sysadmin.

I wonder how many people here would actually leave their jobs if they weren't allowed to go to Glastonbury by their work?

I think I probably would, I go to work to afford to do things I enjoy. Not much point if I can't then do them.

Edited by Leyrulion

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I wonder how many people here would actually leave their jobs if they weren't allowed to go to Glastonbury by their work?

I think I probably would, I go to work to afford to do things I enjoy. Not much point if I can't then do them.

Correct. Entirely agree. Work is s means to an end.

8 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I was once told by my boss my Glastonbury holiday was rejected .... he let me stew for 24 hours ... before he told me it was a joke .... hes now in my ticket group 🙂 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was once told by my boss my Glastonbury holiday was rejected .... he let me stew for 24 hours ... before he told me it was a joke .... hes now in my ticket group 🙂 

I would not find that funny!

I know a friend who did pack it in but they got shipped off to New York for 6 weeks, all expenses paid including a bonus covering the cost of the Glastonbury ticket. That's the only scenario I'd consider!  They also managed to sell the Glastonbury ticket onto someone else so they were quite well off.

Just now, Leyrulion said:

I would not find that funny!

I know a friend who did pack it in but they got shipped off to New York for 6 weeks, all expenses paid including a bonus covering the cost of the Glastonbury ticket. That's the only scenario I'd consider!  They also managed to sell the Glastonbury ticket onto someone else so they were quite well off.

Believe me I didn’t … I was raging .. considering it was a year in advance .. I think I told them I was leaving at some point might have been when they decided enough was enough 🙂 

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

My deputy manager and his fiancée (who also worked with us) showed an interest in going one year so him and my manager were joking about maybe not being able to give that many people time off. I knew they were joking and I also knew that not realising how hard it was they probably weren't going to sort a ticket anyway but I took the opportunity to make my feelings known

"Well, I guess then we'll all find out how much this job means to me"

Not been mentioned since and some years they come to me to book it when the new calendar starts

13 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Depends.  If it's part of a pattern of my employer being shitty about taking holiday and generally being an arse and using rejecting leave requests as a weapon then quite probably.

If it's just no, you can't have that week off this year because xyz is happening or a project is at critical point, then absolutely not. Work's a means to an end, but that end also includes paying my mortgage and eating. Wouldn't be chucking my toys out of the pram about that, as annoying as it would be at the time.

13 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

if my holiday request was declined, i'd give my work enough advance notice and inform them that i'm having it as unpaid leave. They can organise cover ( if im off for a while there's always a colossal in-tray for me to catch up on upon my return) or they can battle on, its up to them - but i'm only alive once and i wont prioritise a job who would happily and easily replace me inside a month if i died, ahead of my actual life. (plus its the NHS, and its nigh on impossible to get sacked, they'd just shunt me sideways into something a lot more boring i suspect!)

I'll miss out on glastonbury festivals when i'm dead and/or incapable, but not before then 👍

I  had my first proper Glastonbury dream last night about not being able to find my tent nor my car. Even in the dream I wasn't that stressed thinking i can survive the festival without my tent!

I then remembered I've a campervan for this year so all good 😀

I do love a good Glasto Dream!

Oh, and i've also booked my leave!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my shit together .... got our groups registration numbers sorted ( for some reason mine was wrong ) might have been that I deleted an  old registration and since ive moved made sure the postcodes were correct .... ready for the sale now ... Ive also been painting my suit with UV fabric paints ( vid tomorrow ) to simplify my wiring and battery requirements ... ive a handheld UV torch which will show it up well on strobe mode 

• Upvote 1

Decided on which camping bed/inflatable camping mat combo to go with. I'm going for ultimate comfort for once. I'd like to take my memory foam pillow but the Mrs would only moan at the ingrained smell which it'd no doubt be left with once I returned it to our bed! Spare bed pillow it is.

Is it too early to start planning what booze I'm taking? I may get an infused gin on the go from next weekend. May go for 70cl of Werthers vodka too!

Anyone remember that link to a spreadsheet which was doing the rounds on here ages ago, it showed different drinks and their updated prices in different shops? It was a godsend!