When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Face nappies isn't an anti-masker term. You're thinking of muzzles. I'm a fan of face covering mandates and I'm pretty sure @zahidf isn't anti-mask either. It's literally a colloquialism.

I just try to avoid the word "mask" where possible. It triggers me.

On Friday you used the word 'mask' 6 times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

Some massive drops over that last 7 days

1890A315-0AE8-45FE-8B8C-FD869EC9B553.jpeg

Let’s hope that continues with the schools back ... mind you some of them have been operating with much increased numbers from the first lockdown ... so hopefully that might not bump the figures too much ... we are now at the amazingly low 15 per 100,000 level ... I’m gobsmacked as I can’t really tell we are in lockdown 

41 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Let’s hope that continues with the schools back ... mind you some of them have been operating with much increased numbers from the first lockdown ... so hopefully that might not bump the figures too much ... we are now at the amazingly low 15 per 100,000 level ... I’m gobsmacked as I can’t really tell we are in lockdown 

You can though. You've not gone shopping, then been for a meal in a pub, followed by the cinema and worked it off in the gym the next day for a while have you?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

You can though. You've not give shopping, then been for a meal in a pub, followed by the cinema and worked it off in the gym the next day for a while have you?

Yeah that’s true ... I’ve forgotten these things existed ... I did have a day trip today mind ... to the drs 🙂 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, Fuzzy Afro said:

Of course parents care about their individual children. That's not my point. My point is the boomer generation as a whole have no problem systematically fucking over young'uns and there's no reason that wouldn't apply in a pandemic.

Yes they do, Brexit shows this, my mother in law pronounced on Facebook the other day that at nearly 70 she thinks she shouldn’t be paying tax anymore, apparently she thinks she has payed her dues and doesn’t need to pay any more. Apparently once you get to 65 you shouldn’t have to pay tax. She didn’t take kindly to me pointing out that she stopped paying income tax when she retired at 50 with a gold plated pension, the profits from the rocketing house prices, and wouldn’t  be paying UK tax at all if she wasn’t doing a tax dodge so she could still use the NHS despite living in Cyprus. She and her generation are the epitome of wanting your cake and eating it. She also then bitches about asylum seekers only coming to the UK to use the NHS, I can’t stand the woman.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Variant doomsters will be devastated

No, no they won't.

This thread is just rubbish now. It was useful and interesting once, now it's largely tedious point scoring, with  Toilet Duck popping up every now and then to say something useful and interesting. And even he, with his seeming massive amounts of patience seems to be getting pissed off with a few in here (apologies if that's not the case TD, but that's the vibe I've got from a couple of your posts). Maybe this thread is just like lockdown in the real world, and we've all just reached the end of our tethers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 12

11 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

No, no they won't.

This thread is just rubbish now. It was useful and interesting once, now it's largely tedious point scoring, with  Toilet Duck popping up every now and then to say something useful and interesting. And even he, with his seeming massive amounts of patience seems to be getting pissed off with a few in here (apologies if that's not the case TD, but that's the vibe I've got from a couple of your posts). Maybe this thread is just like lockdown in the real world, and we've all just reached the end of our tethers

Ah, I’m not really pissed off, I’m bloody frustrated like everyone else though! Just want to get to the end and get on with doing something other than working in my study at home and going for walks! (Nice as they are, but even going more than 5km from home would vary it up a bit!)...I’ve probably been a bit more snotty than I like to be with the odd post, but it’s weariness more than anything else, and everyone else is probably feeling the same (hence the thread having troughs of nonsense bickering)...in the grander scheme of things, I’ve been very lucky the last year and I’d happily share a pint and a laugh at the cider bus in June ‘22 with anyone from the thread (or the forum or the entire festival for that matter!)...we’ll get to the end of this and hopefully we won’t even talk about it when we do get back to the farm!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Mellotr0n said:

I still can’t get over how childish a concept Fake SAGE is.

Imagine a Fake FA who had pretend meetings about what should pretend happen if they pretended to be in a parallel universe where they had any sort of relevance.

Their existence is genuinely embarrassing. 

Maybe they should have called themselves ‘The Premier SAGE” if they wanted to be taken seriously as a breakaway organisation from the main body….

I’d say as equally as embarrassing as throwing your lot in with Heneghan, Tegnell, Guptra and Sikora,  killing thousands of extra people for Xmas Turkey, being locked down for 8 of 12 months and tanking the economy.

The fact that creation of a group outside of the actual body that was supposed to be providing support to government decision making was even required is what is embarrassing. Obviously Sage  can only advise, and it’s up to politicians to listen, but it’s hardly the worst thing to have a group urging a more cautious approach to counter the voices that the Government seemed to be placing more weight on that have either got it wrong, or not been able to cut through.

They obviously seem a bit glass half empty at times when the vaccine results are providing an overwhelming sense of optimism, with results minimising the concern variants might actually pose in reality  but it’s good to still have some voices reminding people what could go wrong as a counter to the blinkered optimism that has dominated the decision making so far.  In the end the data will tell the real story, and it’s a pretty good read at the moment.

• Upvote 2

Not been in here much (just seen someone having an argument with themself - which is a nice touch), but as the news has got progressively better, the tone seems to have got more shirty. Good to remember that we are on the home straight now 👍

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not been in here much (just seen someone having an argument with themself - which is a nice touch), but as the news has got progressively better, the tone seems to have got more shirty. Good to remember that we are on the home straight now 👍

I think this is why there is so much sniping (not just on here; on other forums and in real life as well). We are so close but it is dragging so long and we’re all missing our family and friends - more so than ‘the pub’ and ‘getting the economy going’, despite what our overlords think. Add in the surprise and annoyance that this government now seemingly has patience after opening everything in a rush every time before and it’s all just taking its toll.

Hang in there, everyone.

• Upvote 1