When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Boris said we're sticking to the timetable no matter the data, the queen might be a bit racist but that's ok, and if we try hard enough we can imagine away the border between GB and NI.

Thanks! Talking of the royal scandal (this guy is a stand-up who used to be a talent agent for the us apprentice. He usually dishes the dirt on trump).

PM.PNG

1 hour ago, aj6658 said:

Think the issue is how do you police it? It just encourages people who believe that masks don't work or people who are lazy/forgetful not to wear it. Same goes for social distancing. People who don't have/ willing to get the vaccine would be put at greater risk. 

Just keep it till no restrictions. It really isn't a big deal 

Depends on what its for. Gigs, theater, movies, sport can ask for vaccine passports and the unvaccinated get left out for the time being. Pubs and other nightlife is a whole other story. The big question is whether this will encourage the anti vaxxers to get it so theh know its a fast track to normalcy instead of trying to wait out for herd immunity.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Depends on what its for. Gigs, theater, movies, sport can ask for vaccine passports and the unvaccinated get left out for the time being. Pubs and other nightlife is a whole other story. The big question is whether this will encourage the anti vaxxers to get it so theh know its a fast track to normalcy instead of trying to wait out for herd immunity.

Got to be careful though - could be a get out for the government to not support businesses because they're allowed to be open (including events), but where they can't actually make money

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Im behind a Vaccine passport once everyone has been offered one and has time to get one otherwise its unfair on young people.  

I think what I was commenting on was before that stage. Totally against differing restrictions for those vaccinated/ not-vaccinated till everyone has been offered and has time to get one. After that, if you're not getting a vaccine then boo hoo no fun for you 

I don’t think there will be any vaccine passports domestically.
They’ll use it as a threat hanging over people to influence their decision to have the vaccine and keep prolonging their decision by saying its under review but it’s not necessary while social distancing is in place and then by the time social distancing is up for review then lo and behold all age groups will have had their first dose and uptake will be high enough for them not to be needed. 

They’ll be needed for foreign travel is some way though. 

17 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

They’ll use it as a threat hanging over people to influence their decision to have the vaccine and keep prolonging their decision by saying its under review but it’s not necessary while social distancing is in place and then by the time social distancing is up for review then lo and behold all age groups will have had their first dose and uptake will be high enough for them not to be needed. 

I actually agree with this. I really don't think we're going to see domestic vaccine passports, but I think they'll take their time in confirming that as it will help take-up. Maybe not ethical, but certainly seems possible.

27 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

And its no coincidence that the final lockdown unlocking is probably going to be after every adult has had one dose.

You don't need vaccine passports internally if enough people have had the vaccine.

All good points except that the government can decide whenever they choose if vaccine passports will be needed in certain industries. We could all feel good about having normal festivals and gigs coming up in 3 months but from now until June 21 anything can happen. I think that at this moment you should exceed the guidance thats given, it ensures the safest possible environment and you dont leave the door open to finger pointing of blame if something happened.  Set a higher standard and leave zero room to say you were doing things half assed.

Edited by Suprefan

At this stage in the pandemic I don't really care about this sort of thing because it's hardly going to drive a big spike in cases but I was in the big Asda in Lewisham earlier and a more sizeable percentage of people weren't wearing their face nappies. Not massively significant, but I'd say compliance has been 99% since the turn of the year when supermarkets ramped up the enforcement of masks.

Today it looked like it had dropped considerably. Still 80%+ but I noticed several adults without face nappies, only one with a badge.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

...and for every post that calls masks 'face nappies' (you know, the things that have saved a large number of people from dying) they are extending it by a week.

Face nappies isn't an anti-masker term. You're thinking of muzzles. I'm a fan of face covering mandates and I'm pretty sure @zahidf isn't anti-mask either. It's literally a colloquialism.

I just try to avoid the word "mask" where possible. It triggers me.

Edited by Fuzzy Afro
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

At this stage in the pandemic I don't really care about this sort of thing because it's hardly going to drive a big spike in cases but I was in the big Asda in Lewisham earlier and a more sizeable percentage of people weren't wearing their face nappies. Not massively significant, but I'd say compliance has been 99% since the turn of the year when supermarkets ramped up the enforcement of masks.

Today it looked like it had dropped considerably. Still 80%+ but I noticed several adults without face nappies, only one with a badge.

you do realise that they publicised they put people on the door for a few weeks handing out masks and they now arent there ... and yep compliance has dropped .... just out of interest though why are you calling them face nappies ? is it because you have decided its a trend on here you think you should be in with ? 

edit just read the above post .... use the proper term then ?! and that will be face cover or even face mask 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Face nappies isn't an anti-masker term. You're thinking of muzzles. I'm a fan of face covering mandates and I'm pretty sure @zahidf isn't anti-mask either. It's literally a colloquialism.

I just try to avoid the word "mask" where possible. It triggers me.

You don't think 'face nappy' is a derogatory word for a mask?

Is that really your line on this??

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

you do realise that they publicised they put people on the door for a few weeks handing out masks and they now arent there ... and yep compliance has dropped .... just out of interest though why are you calling them face nappies ? is it because you have decided its a trend on here you think you should be in with ? 

Good point, I've not seen bouncers at the door of any supermarket in a few weeks. In January the queuing systems were back but that seems to have been quietly dropped in line with the fall in case numbers.

On the face nappies point, I've posted on here before that I rarely use the word "masks" for two reasons. The main reason is that I find the word incredibly triggering. The other reason is that we simply don't have mask mandates in this country, we mandate "face coverings" and a mask is just one of the options that's a valid form of face covering. Similarly you could use an old t-shirt or piece of cloth that's been cut up and folder into the shape of an object that covers your mouth and nose. Visors are also allowed, though I'd prefer it if people either didn't use them at all, or combined them with a second covering, because evidence shows visors alone aren't great at trapping respiratory droplets.

So face nappies is just a funny term to avoid having to use the word mask. I'll happily call them face coverings or face nappies or anything else. 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You don't think 'face nappy' is a derogatory word for a mask?

Is that really your line on this??

I think "muzzles" is the term that's been adopted by the anti-mask types. I don't use that term for that reason. Face nappies is not intended to be derogatory, at least not from me and I'm pretty sure @zahidf feels the same although he can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are "incredibly triggered" by the word "mask", coming on this forum must have been a whole shitstorm of triggering over the last year.

And you yourself have been calling them masks in recent days.

In short, I'm confused.

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

If you are "incredibly triggered" by the word "mask", coming on this forum must have been a whole shitstorm of triggering over the last year.

And you yourself has been calling them masks yourself only in recent days.

In short, I'm confused.

I have posted on here before urging people to use the term "face coverings"