When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Realistically I think I'm probably only going to be meeting in parks until mid May, partly as it will be bloody impossible to get a table anywhere.

My plan is similar ... and when we get full opening just b4 my bday it’s party time 🙂 I also think I’m going to personally need some time to adjust to a non social distanced world 

Edited by crazyfool1

30 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Exactly. In the brief period where the pubs were open last year a lot of the real ale places struggled to get a regular supply of guest ales. There was just too many unknown factors preventing the brewing of them. 

As long as you don’t mind bog standard keg beer you’ll be fine but for those of us who like a cask ale, I think it will be a while before those supply lines are back to normal. 

When were pubs shut last year? I'm trying to remember......March-June....was there any other time apart from that until Christmas?  I suppose it depends on where you are in the country!

48 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

They could keep the commercial opening dates the same and bring forward the social stuff though, then everybody would be happy.

I think that's probably a good idea to be honest, although I can also see the argument that if the social stuff does start nudging numbers up then that reduces the certainty of hitting those dates for the economy. And this government just won't prioritise people's mental health over the economy at all.

41 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fair enough. I mean the Bournemouth beach gatherings, BLM protests, outdoor gatherings in the states etc haven’t led to superspreader events, so I’d be very surprised if the Rangers fans celebrating is a spreading event. 

Oh yeah, transmission is massively reduced outdoors and it's relatively safe. I just think it's a bad idea to say things like "the virus can't spread outside" as that's not true and gives people the wrong idea. You tell people that on Monday they'll be shagging in the woods by Wednesday while convinced they can't catch anything.

Just now, DeanoL said:

I think that's probably a good idea to be honest, although I can also see the argument that if the social stuff does start nudging numbers up then that reduces the certainty of hitting those dates for the economy. And this government just won't prioritise people's mental health over the economy at all.

Oh yeah, transmission is massively reduced outdoors and it's relatively safe. I just think it's a bad idea to say things like "the virus can't spread outside" as that's not true and gives people the wrong idea. You tell people that on Monday they'll be shagging in the woods by Wednesday while convinced they can't catch anything.

I'm not sure that coronavirus is the main thing people are catching during the forthcoming dogging season 😏

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

Last year this was correct. This year not so much. Rishi Sunak and Alok Sharma will be privately arguing to the contrary, but remember the government is absolutely obsessed with popularity and the public in general would rather be allowed to see their mum privately than the pub be opened. There's a reason things like the outdoor rule of 6 have been prioritised over bringing back hospitality and shops.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is there a season ? 

Well, dogging was illegal yesterday* and is legal today**. In which case I'd argue that dogging season started today.

* - Unless dogging counts as outdoor exercise. In which case it has been legal the whole time, but threesomes are out. I'd argue that it's recreai

** - 2m distancing is just a guideline, you don't legally have to stay 2m from a friend that you meet up with.

17 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

And this government just won't prioritise people's mental health over the economy at all.

Economic downturn, unemployment and poverty are the biggest causes of mental health problems so it’s a fair approach.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Booooo.  Much to low

Come on supply boost

Does that mean 1/3 of the whole population, or the adult population? If it's the letter, than we're something like 60% of the way through all adults, I think?

20 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

1/3 of the whole population, 40% of adults

So it's taken us just over 2 months essentially (not counting the few in December) to do 40%. So we could actually be looking at May/early June for getting through all adults if we get this bump to supply?

Edited by jparx

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

So it's taken us just over 2 months essentially (not counting the few in December) to do 40%. So we could actually be looking at May/early June for getting through all adults if we get this bump to supply?

I'm not as optimistic as I was a couple of weeks ago at a May finish given that the ramp up in supply is coming 2-3 weeks later than I'd expected and thus we won't be able to have quite as many done before we start firing out millions of second doses every week. Note that from April onwards, there WILL be a major slowdown in first dose capacity for that reason. It won't completely stop as supply in a given month will be higher than that of three months prior, but they're not going to be firing out nearly as many first doses as they have been in Feb and March.

My initial expectation was that 40 million first doses could be completed by the end of March. This would roughly mean that all adults over 40 plus those with underlying health problems would be offered a vaccine by this point. That would leave only healthy under 40's to complete alongside the bulk of the second doses.

Now it appears that a relatively significant proportion of JCVI group 11 (healthy adults between 40-49) will NOT have been offered a first dose by the end of March and that really kicks back the rest of the programme well into June, if not early July.

The one thing that could buy us a May finish would be Novavax coming online, do we have a date for that yet? I don't expect J&J before June.

8 minutes ago, phimill said:

Boris doing a conference at 4pm, not the usual 5pm - must want to be finished early to get back upstairs to watch The Chase

Or he’s got a date now we can meet people outside on benches ... Laura keunsberg maybe 🤔

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

FAKE SAGE SCAREMONGERING AGAIN

Pray for the Kiddies souls.

That Feigl-Ding guy is the absolute worst member of the clown collective. It's a close run thing, but my gut feeling is that EFD takes the biscuit for being the thickest of all the keyboard doomers out there.

I still can’t get over how childish a concept Fake SAGE is.

Imagine a Fake FA who had pretend meetings about what should pretend happen if they pretended to be in a parallel universe where they had any sort of relevance.

Their existence is genuinely embarrassing. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

I still can’t get over how childish a concept Fake SAGE is.

Imagine a Fake FA who had pretend meetings about what should pretend happen if they pretended to be in a parallel universe where they had any sort of relevance.

Their existence is genuinely embarrassing. 

I am starting a Fake Glastonbury booking committee. 

Anyone interested in joining? Beer and snacks provided.