"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Judging by what people have been saying about Liams go on stage last night he is on form and Noel well he is steady as you like, struggling to see anything else which could be "big" and now with this rumour of performing together this weekend, well.. maybe, definitely maybe.

For Oasis to play they would have had to have been rehearsing for some time to be ready for Glasto. Liam's been recording and rehearsing for his solo project so when would he have had time for this? Plus Andy Bell's been off touring with Ride for the last couple of months. Plus I doubt the expense of putting this all together wouldn't make it worth while for a one off, and they're not about to announce a new album and world tour with Liam currently doing his solo thing.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

3 or 4 pages on Oasis reunion and nothing about the obvious bits-and-pieces/past-and-present of a Squeeze reunion. What with 2 Pyramid slots and one Acoustic slot this year, on top of 2 slots last year, Squeeze are all over the past 2 Glastonburys...

(not implying that this is big secret worthy in anyway)

Edited by tevaburger

I watched supersonic for the first time the other day so maybe I'm still in a bit of a 90's nostalgic haze, I can see the benefit gig as more likely for obvious reasons, would they need that much rehearsing though? Money can't be issue for those fellas either.

Edited by JayBalls

13 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

What with 2 Pyramid slots and one Acoustic slot this year, on top of 2 slots last year, Squeeze are all over the past 2 Glastonburys...

Squeeze have 2 Pyramid slots this year? And 2 slots last year? I only saw the one Pyramid slot last year and one Difford/Tilbrook acoustic slot coming this year - what have I missed?

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

Can't see Liam playing the Ariana Grande concert as he's scheduled to be in Germany on Sunday.

Exactly. Complete bull.

As if Liam's going to throw away all the work on his solo career, and his solo appearances, by going on stage with Noel and having all the attention on "Oasis"!

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

Exactly. Complete bull.

As if Liam's going to throw away all the work on his solo career, and his solo appearances, by going on stage with Noel and having all the attention on "Oasis"!

Do you not think Noel going on stage with Liam would actually be beneficial to Liams solo career? It would increase the exposure for both of them which would also benefit Noel with his upcoming album I reckon.

I certainly don't think it would do either any harm. 

Just now, eastynh said:

Do you not think Noel going on stage with Liam would actually be beneficial to Liams solo career? It would increase the exposure for both of them which would also benefit Noel with his upcoming album I reckon.

No. All anyone would talk about is "when are Oasis getting back together". It's all they do anyway without them sharing a stage.

Just now, briddj said:

No. All anyone would talk about is "when are Oasis getting back together". It's all they do anyway without them sharing a stage.

That's all anyone talks about anyway and it will always be that way until either they get back together or one of them drops dead.

42 minutes ago, billum said:

Squeeze have 2 Pyramid slots this year? And 2 slots last year? I only saw the one Pyramid slot last year and one Difford/Tilbrook acoustic slot coming this year - what have I missed?

Jools Holland (sat) and Paul Carrack (fri) on the Pyramid this year in addition to Difford/Tilbrook

Carrack being upgraded from his Acoustic set last year which was on same day that Squeeze were belting out "Tempted" on the Pyramid, which was him on record

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tevaburger said:

Jools Holland (sat) and Paul Carrack (fri) on the Pyramid this year in addition to Difford/Tilbrook

Carrack being upgraded from his Acoustic set last year which was on same day that Squeeze were belting out "Tempted" on the Pyramid, which was him on record

Was a bit confused as to why he didn't come on. Im sure they mentioned his later set on the acoustic too. 

Anyway will be glad to see him again

Edited by Heather90

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

That's how I see it, all this talk of the two being totally mutually exclusive, yet that completely ignores how Liam is still playing at least 5 Oasis songs on his new 'solo' tour anyway. It's not like most acts don't play their old hits when touring a new Album. If Noel popped on stage with Liam for a couple of songs their publicity would shoot through the roof and I cannot see how it would be anything but a positive impact on their solo stuff. Are people seriously going to say "Well I'm not buying Liam's solo stuff now, I'm going to sit here and wait for Oasis to reform instead"

What ever the secret is I reckon we'll find out by the weekend.. Or the weekend after that or in about 20 days.. If you hear nothing by then then it's been the best kept Glastonbury secret ever.. Imo 

Edited by guypjfreak

6 hours ago, tevaburger said:

Ah of course, I was forgetting Paul Carrack was even a member of Squeeze ever! His acoustic set with Nick Lowe and Andy Fairweather Low was a belter last year!

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the big secret is that in reality we are being run a race of lizard like creatures from outer space that have infiltrated the global elite to control and manipulate the 99% and that Michael and Emily Eavis have been part of this sinister plot from day one ... or something.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, billum said:

Ah of course, I was forgetting Paul Carrack was even a member of Squeeze ever! His acoustic set with Nick Lowe and Andy Fairweather Low was a belter last year!

Yeah really enjoyed him last year, went to one of his gigs this year which whilst good was a bit( ok a lot) of a Old people's day out, I'm 42 and I was seriously bringing down the average age.

ill definitely catch him again this year, not sure what sort of crowd he will pull on the pyramid.