rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Yeah this. I dislike Kanye. I strongly dislike KK. But I hate any racist misogynist more. 

Sure I read somewhere that there were other stages people could go to if they didn't like.

He’s infuriating, but he’ll always get a pass from me for his tunes.

9 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

No it doesn't, it implies that their wives wouldn't put themselves in the position that KK did so the same abuse wouldn't be possible.

What do you think slut-shaming is....?

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

He’s infuriating, but he’ll always get a pass from me for his tunes.

I'll say this for Kanye - he may be infuriating, but at least he's not a capering 1920s whodunnit villain in golden epaulettes.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

No it doesn't, it implies that their wives wouldn't put themselves in the position that KK did so the same abuse wouldn't be possible.

Come on. Kim Kardashian's actions do not make other people's misogyny acceptable. Saying that it's possible because of something she's done is a dangerous blame game. Legitimises awful behaviour. Done. I'm out 

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What do you think slut-shaming is....?

Ummm, shaming somebody for being a slut ?

Hey, it's worked for her, good on her. She had the balls (not literal) to make a tape which was 'leaked' to the media, it made her more famous. I'm not shaming her for it.

48 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

I agree but when you think they played in 2017 now headliners, stormzy played other in 2017, now headliner, LG played 2017 now subbing, the cure, haven’t been relevant since who knows when,. I just think surely they must’ve looked at the line up and though is this 2017 but bumped up! Or just a lack lusture line up, I’m hoping for some ‘wow’ acts or acts who don’t tour every week on the line-up, that’s would be goodn all said and done though, I’m still buzzing for glasto and can’t wait for June!! Think I just expected more 🤔 but I suppose the full line up will be out soon! Maybe there are no announcements and the next will be a poster drop maybe? 🤔

no-one heard anything from that woman on twitter since?

Out of the three acts announced so far, Kylie is pretty exclusive as is Janelle Monae (I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong as I'm not aware of how much she has played over in the UK recently but didn't think it was a huge amount). And Stormzy is an up-and-coming talent. There's strong rumours Janet Jackson is on the bill, a great coup for the festival if true and also an exclusive booking. The Cure would also be a fairly exclusive booking for the festival given their lack of UK dates (did I just defend the G's booking of The Cure... fuck I did). 

In any case once the full line up drops I'm sure you'll be buzzing, and if not then you certainly will be by the time you're on the farm! :D

Edited by djdavejohnson
Typo
  • Upvote 3

Lots of people dissing The Cure for not being relevant. A lot of people hoping for Macca, FMac, Led Zep, Queen with Adam Lambert, Madge etc. Any of those still relevant?

The Cure are a great band with a dozen or so absolute bangers. Worthy at Worthy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Lots of people dissing The Cure for not being relevant. A lot of people hoping for Macca, FMac, Led Zep, Queen with Adam Lambert, Madge etc. Any of those still relevant?

The Cure are a great band with a dozen or so absolute bangers. Worthy at Worthy. 

You missed the killers from your list ;)

1 minute ago, Robofish said:

Lots of people dissing The Cure for not being relevant. A lot of people hoping for Macca, FMac, Led Zep, Queen with Adam Lambert, Madge etc. Any of those still relevant?

Which songs get the crowd most excited at their live shows? I've tried watching a couple of their concerts and it all seems a bit dull except for when they play Boys don't cry and Friday I'm in love.

21 hours ago, kalifire said:

They won’t beat Kylie. 

Really? Is Kylie that big (well not literally, HA!) nowadays?

At Rock Werchter she's not even on the main stage, but playing the big tent. And I suspect she'll not even headline that tent.

2 minutes ago, Anarion said:

Which songs get the crowd most excited at their live shows? I've tried watching a couple of their concerts and it all seems a bit dull except for when they play Boys don't cry and Friday I'm in love.

The Cure isn't really a jump and flail around kind of band. (Thank god!)

A Forest is always a huge, unbeatable live moment. Collective chills whenever that bass comes up. Personally I love the climax of From The End Of The Deep Green Sea or Disintegration. Immense. These epics are the exact opposite of dull.

4 minutes ago, Anarion said:

I’d add InBetween Days, Catterpillar, Close To You, Why Can’t I Be You, Never Enough, The walk, Pictures Of You, Shake Dog Shake to that list. Not sure if they still play Catch or Hanging Garden. But they should.

• Upvote 1

These guys have such a great pile of classics and excellent songs to choose from. I hope to hear The Kiss live. The way that song builds and erupts is orgasmic.

15 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Those acts you mention though, bar Macca, have yet to headline the G - their heritage status would make them a fantastic booking, relevant or not. This'll be The Cure's fourth appearance (I'm back to knocking them :P)! I'll need to listen to them some more as I can only name one of their tracks, and recognise only a couple of others. The performances I've viewed online just look a bit, well, dull. Each to their own, of course! 

Edited by djdavejohnson
Typo

What's amazing about the Cure's own shows is that they have such a gigantic catalogue that everybody in the crowd is most excited about a different song. During any given song, you can look around and see at least a hundred people going nuts. 

I know that won't necessarily apply at Glasto, but it gives a bit of context as to why so many people are so excited! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

At Rock Werchter she's not even on the main stage, but playing the big tent. And I suspect she'll not even headline that tent.

Not sure how big she is in Belgium but I'd say she's a pretty big deal over here - the place will be rammo.

9 minutes ago, Robofish said:

I’d add InBetween Days, Catterpillar, Close To You, Why Can’t I Be You, Never Enough, The walk, Pictures Of You, Shake Dog Shake to that list. Not sure if they still play Catch or Hanging Garden. But they should.

Just like heaven lullaby 

16 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'd put money on Kylie comfortably having the biggest crowd of the weekend.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep. And being the most talked about before and after. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Definitely - legend slot the main reason for that though. 

19 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

But if she is headlining or even playing 2nd on the biggest stage then that would put her now lower down than 4th on main stage which is her Glastonbury slot.