eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was a shot from a certain video of hers that can be found in some specific corners of the internet.

No fucking way! That's just awful! I hope a lot of punters had some stern words with those misogynistic assholes

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

OMG! I am genuinely shocked by this. Why would you bother going FFS! I hope that doesn't happen with Stormzy :(

Unfortunately it will, people are all too happy to go watch people crash and burn or to have a hand in it. As long as there is no 'comedian' appearing on stage making him having to restart a part of his set.

To quote a line out of The Dark Knight : "some people just want to watch the world burn"  it's sad. If you don't like an act why go spoil it for people that do.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

No fucking way! That's just awful! I hope a lot of punters had some stern words with those misogynistic assholes

Aye, twattery of the highest order. The same people would never even dream of doing it with Damon Albarn or Thom Yorke's wives, but they consider Kanye fair game. Wonder why that is...

It won’t happen for Stormzy. He’s about the most family friendly rapper after Will Smith. People don’t wanna bring him down or watch him fail, they’ll just go somewhere else if not interested.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It won’t happen for Stormzy. He’s about the most family friendly rapper after Will Smith. People don’t wanna bring him down or watch him fail, they’ll just go somewhere else if not interested.

He did get a lot of hate on social media though when he was announced 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, twattery of the highest order. The same people would never even dream of doing it with Damon Albarn or Thom Yorke's wives, but they consider Kanye fair game. Wonder why that is...

:( And then claim it's just that his "style of music" doesn't have a place at Glastonbury...

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fingers crossed for this

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Neil has had word it's The killers and the cure. Not confirmed though.

Cool, that's all the confirmation I need. Hopefully there is someone strong against The Cure. Saw them in 2012 and was unimpressed. Might watch Stormzy, definitely watch The Killers

Not a massive fan of stormzy but confident he will put on a show, he knows this is a big chance to increase his already big status. Would be suprised if he was a let down.

When Neil 'gets word' how accurate is it usually? I really want The Killers but don't want to get my hopes up too much (bit late but ya know, just attempting to do some damage management haha)

Very much feeling like as long as the cure, killers, vampire weekend and Tame Impala are playing, the rest of the weekend could be anyone for all I care but reluctant to believe all the rumours and nearby tour dates until the poster drops 

Edited by OddRon

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s unbelievable that at the glastonbury festival that some idiots would rather attend a performance that they so violently hated when there are so many other acts they could have been at. I just don’t understand that. What were they expecting, that he would just do Mumford covers instead of his usual set? Some folk just don’t deserve tickets.  once the whole line up is finalised we will decide where to go well in advance. In all the years I have never been disappointed .  

Just don’t understand that people are happy wasting their Glastonbury experience on an act they clearly don’t like. 

I had no interest in seeing Kanye so I followed my friends to Dead Mouse (who I had never listened to) and had a great time! 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

And that "I love Sausage" khant. This forum still hasnt got the report back on the identity of this blert.

Screenshot_20190212-134110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f498671ed500ee400b23d1369a9f8f91.jpg

Screenshot_20190212-134129_Chrome.jpg.3847a9d5cee5682a6853fbe5acb4095d.jpg

Screenshot_20190212-134302_Chrome.jpg.2090f794f5f720fcc9c2be26bfd24004.jpg

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Probably because their wives wouldn't put themselves in the same position(s) as Kim K.

I'm not condoning the crowd's behaviour in any way, shape or form,  but it's like he almost invites it. Can you imagine if Maga hats were about then and he turned up wearing one ? He's got more than a few screws loose, he seems like an arsehole and he's married to a media whore.

I have zero respect for him and it's nothing to do with his music, I detest Stormzy's music as much but I have respect for him, he's doing good and I hope he smashes it on the pyramid.

Thom Yorke and Damon Albarn have always seemed like nice people to me and I know nothing about their private lives because they're not splashed all over every bloody magazine craving money and attention.

• Downvote 14

17 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

I'm not condoning the crowd's behaviour in any way, shape or form,  but it's like he almost invites it

"I'm not condoning it but here are reasons why he totally deserves it". Come off it, Morrissey and the Gallagher's are total c*nts, but apparently we can just forget about that cause people rate their music? 

Yes he is a particularly unlikable character, but that doesn't condone that kind of treatment, the horrid flags and the racism for christ sake!

Edited by thrillhouse188
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No matter what you think of Kanye's music or politics if you're spouting any of that shite you deserve to get a full bottle of "Lenor" poured over your head. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Like 1

Yeah I can’t stand Kanye and have actively avoided details about/have no interest in Kim... so I wasn’t on that stage that night.

Anyone that was there out of anger is clearly ridiculous, whether there reasoning was not, partially or entirely race related. I fear most of it would have been the latter.

I quite like a lot of Kanye's tunes and have no real opinion of him as a guy.  But I thought his set was horrendous.  A real shame as he has a good 10 -15 absolute BANGERS, which with a bit of stage production and showmanship could have smashed it out of the park.

1 minute ago, Username taken said:

I quite like a lot of Kanye's tunes and have no real opinion of him as a guy.  But I thought his set was horrendous.  A real shame as he has a good 10 -15 absolute BANGERS, which with a bit of stage production and showmanship could have smashed it out of the park.

Doesn’t help that rap/hip hop is notoriously difficult to do well live, especially on a massive stage to tens of thousands of people.

12 minutes ago, Username taken said:

It must felt different being there but I have watched the tv coverage a couple of times and thought the set was brilliant. A really powerful performance imo. 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Doesn’t help that rap/hip hop is notoriously difficult to do well live, especially on a massive stage to tens of thousands of people.

Yep. If you're going to engage a crowd of that size you need to throw the kitchen sink at it.  Live band, gospel singers - the works.

Standing on a massive stage like that with your mate over in the corner on his iPod is unlikely to draw the audience in

Just now, Username taken said:

Yep. If you're going to engage a crowd of that size you need to throw the kitchen sink at it.  Live band, gospel singers - the works.

Standing on a massive stage like that with your mate over in the corner on his iPod is unlikely to draw the audience in

I didn't watch him, but I was walking across the back of the Pyramid field making my way from the moody Blues to Suede and I had to stop for a second and admire the balls on him on stage on his own under a huge lighting rig.