rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

11 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

The performances I've viewed online just look a bit, well, dull. Each to their own, of course! 

I think if you're expecting the shows to be more bouncy and chipper perhaps you're looking for the wrong thing 😉

Just now, HeyPorter said:

Yep. And being the most talked about before and after. 

Why? It's not a very special act, or am I missing something? Wouldn't mind seeing her if there's nothing on but wouldn't want to miss The Cure to see her at Werchter either, for instance.

I reckon Stormzy will be the most talked about act. On these boards The Cure is also in the running for that title. 😉

1 minute ago, Beeefy said:

Definitely - legend slot the main reason for that though. 

No way - stick her in any Pyramid slot and it'd be just as busy. Stick her anywhere else and that would just be dangerous! 

Great thing about The Cure is the rollercoaster of emotions you'll be feeling. You'll go from tearfully thinking about lost loves and such, to dancing your socks off.

It'll be amazing I'm sure.

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I think if you're expecting the shows to be more bouncy and chipper perhaps you're looking for the wrong thing 😉

That's a fair point, and I just don't know enough about them to make any definitive judgement. I'll keep plugging away at the catalogue! 

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Why? It's not a very special act, or am I missing something? Wouldn't mind seeing her if there's nothing on but wouldn't want to miss The Cure to see her at Werchter either, for instance.

I reckon Stormzy will be the most talked about act. On these boards The Cure is also in the running for that title. 😉

Nearly headlined 15 years ago but had to pull out due to her C battle, a genuine pop icon and adored in this country. To the point of being an adopted national treasure. Also the bangers, lots of fun-everyone-knows-them bangers. Plus the hot pants, think gold hot pants at Glastonbury will be a regular things for years to come after her blowing away the pyramid. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Hot not hits.
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Lots of people dissing The Cure for not being relevant. A lot of people hoping for Macca, FMac, Led Zep, Queen with Adam Lambert, Madge etc. Any of those still relevant?

The Cure are a great band with a dozen or so absolute bangers. Worthy at Worthy. 

Here here!

39 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Lots of people dissing The Cure for not being relevant. A lot of people hoping for Macca, FMac, Led Zep, Queen with Adam Lambert, Madge etc. Any of those still relevant?

The Cure are a great band with a dozen or so absolute bangers. Worthy at Worthy. 

Tbf there is an obvious difference. Those are legendary bands (albeit one with a new singer and one without one of their most famous members). They are a few levels above the likes if The Cure, The Killers etc. 

Also The Cure have already headlined three times, The Killers once and played at the last festival as well as Stormzy who also played at the last festival, both havent done anything new since then and have been bumped up. 

They will probably all play again. Im pretty sure that between Macca, Queen, Mac, Madonna and Led Zep we'll be lucky to get one single performance from the lot of them combined. 

They all have more mainstream appeal and all have a far bigger etching in music history. Its quite obvious why people hold them in higher esteem even if they are no lobger relevant i. 2019.

Even though its unrealistic any of those are announced as Glastonbury headliners and it makes a hundred times bigger buzz all. Round than were likely to get from the front runners. 

The current crop are fine as headliners tbf, they are just a bit underwhelming when they are doing it together. I think this year needed a big headliner to supplement the other two who look fairly weak but everyobe will have a good time anyway so it is what it is. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Really? She's 50.

I'm 51. I look amazing in hot pants.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Really? She's 50.

Id still swap her for the majority of 20-30 year olds I see tbf. 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

He does. It's the only time we get to see Gnomicide and the Thingy at the same time

Behold The Gold Lamé Thingy.

5 minutes ago, chatty said:

They all have more mainstream appeal

Yeah, but I do think The Cure has more overall known songs than Led Zep. I think my parents couldn't name a single Zep song (Well maybe 1), but would instantly recognize songs like A Forest, Just Like Heaven or Boys Don't Cry.

26 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Really? She's 50.

Haha, what? She's stunning!

Back onto her legends slot, it will pull a huge crowd. It's a perfect Sunday afternoon booking. It will be nice and sunny and everyone will have that happy/sad Sunday GF feeling, dancing along to some Kylie classics!

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but I do think The Cure has more overall known songs than Led Zep. I think my parents couldn't name a single Zep song (Well maybe 1), but would instantly recognize songs like A Forest, Just Like Heaven or Boys Don't Cry.

The Cure played at my first Glasto. In 1986. Lloyd Cole played, and at the end of his set said ‘looks like rain’ or something. The Cure came on and it lashed it down for the rest of the night. Our tent blew away. We had to sleep in my Cortina. Good times. I don’t know why I quoted the message above. I think I maybe felt temporary affinity with the parents of lighthouse. 

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I think your parents are probably in the minority there tbf. 

My seven year old sons fav band is Led Zeppelin just of listing to the Immigrant Song on Thor. They also have mega famous songs in Kashmir, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Rock N Roll, Misty Mountain Hop, Communication Breakdown, When The Levee Breaks, not mentioning Stairway to Heaven which has an argument for the most famous song of all time. 

Im being mirked here right? 

1 minute ago, chatty said:

not mentioning Stairway to Heaven which has an argument for the most famous song of all time

Second. After Mr. Brightside.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

He does. It's the only time we get to see Gnomicide and the Thingy at the same time

This is one of the best posts ever on this forum, can't believe it's not getting more #numbers.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:26 PM, chatty said:

Now seems like a good time to have a rant tbf. I used to hate The Killers and basically they stopped getting on my nerves because of how irrelevant they became yet somehow the c**ts have managed to push themselves into the mix for headlining a major festivalnin 2019. The mind boggles. 

Calling the band The Killers and having a lead singer called Brandan Flowers ffs. The only killing these lot do is is the killing of brainwaves when you listen to their music. 

Are we human or are we dancer? 

That doesnt even make sense you spazzy pretencious w*nker. Shit lyrics by a shit writer sang by a shit singer in a shit band. Shit song, shit album. 

From all the bands that came out around 2000-2005 how come these w*nkstains of humanity are still in some sort of prime position, they should have been bottled out of the first pub they played as teenagers and that would have been the end of it. Humanity spared some atroucious crap for a couple of decades. Job done. 

But no, people started getting some sort of conscience around that time period. What has beeing nice got us? 

Say what you will about KOL but at least they had three decent albums before they went ro shit, three more than The Fucking Killers. 

KOL would be shite headliners in 2019 but if they played one song from. Their forat three albums then they would at least play a set better than The Killers by one song. 

Fuck my life.

I guess it could have been Kaiser Chiefs. Being stuck with the second worse band is still better than being stuck with the first. 

Headlining it. Again. 

Is right. 

Raise your hand whoever here, at any stage in their lives, has looked as good as Kylie Minogue does right now at 50.

Yeah I fucking thought not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4