Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

On 19/05/2017 at 7:34 PM, FloorFiller said:

Gotta ask - are you genuinely a big Shaggy fan or are you just seeing it as a bit of a laugh with a couple of great songs thrown in? Shocked at the Shaggy love on here. I mean, I love Shaggy, but as my Sunday headliner?

For our group it's more that (so far) we were really starting to get desperate for a Sunday headliner. We aren't interested in what's know at the moment - Ed, BBK, Metronomy, possible Justice etc.

So while we would not ordinarily have had Shaggy down as our headline act, he's essentially going to save the Sunday night (as it stands).

12 minutes ago, EmotionalMan said:

I know a mate of a mate who helps out at Glastonbury, can't tell you too much but the big announcement is DEFINITELY Daft Punk.

you can't tell us too much other than exactly what it is(n't)

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Now that is news, Gnomy.

Thank you!

:)

Ben

Edit - just seen that they liked my tweet to them, essentially begging for some techno on the Spider, to redress the shameful neglect of the Mother Of All Dance GenresTM in the line-up this far!

Edited by bennyhana22

Just now, evannn said:

That's the one supporting Macca and Ringo playing Sgt Peppers isn't it?

Rumour I've heard is that the DaftLads and McRingo are going to be teaming up to play French House versions of Beatles songs - All You Need Is Digital Love, Robot Rocky Raccoon, Get Back, Lucky, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And Da Funky

And so on and so forth.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Those are John Lennon and George Harrison holograms - just that they're wearing robot helmets so you can't tell that it's them.

12 Photos Of Daft Punk Without Their Helmets And They're Also Actually John Lennon and George Harrison.. @ BuzzfeedNews

I hope we can get T+C out of the way today. I enjoy popping there from time to time, but it's not an announcement I get hyped by at all. Let's get that out of the way and look forward to Arcadia + the biggie.

T+C today

Arcadia Weds

Full lineup Fri?

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Those are John Lennon and George Harrison holograms - just that they're wearing robot helmets so you can't tell that it's them.

Lennon in a robot helmet and Harrison with a dog mask I heard. 

35 minutes ago, Simpo said:

My prediction:

T+C today

Arcadia Wednesday

Full lineup Friday, ready to dig into over the long weekend!

This seems to fit perfectly to be honest. Arcadia is pretty much nailed on Weds after that Tweet, and with T&C overdue... I don't think they'd make us wait the whole BH weekend for the full lineup. B)