Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, wozwebs said:

In light of what happened last night I can't see any announcements today unless it's a big F*** You to the terrorists and to say they will never win etc.

Exactly this ! Life wont stop because of these c**ts and thats what we need to show them !

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd like to say they'll not do one today but already been announcements like Take That and Little Mix. 

Do it and don't let them win I guess.

Was that not yesterday?

Im not sure a Glasto announcement is going to worry them either way if I'm honest

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm ... so much for 'don't let the terrorist change what you do'. :(

Yep, I'm on route to Manchester to see my usual Tuesday clients. I'm not a fan of these 'stop what you do' things. I can understand people wanting a moment of silence to mark it, but 48hrs of online activity suspension is just an odd gesture. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm ... so much for 'don't let the terrorist change what you do'. :(

I'm really not sure why they've bothered myself (apologies if that sounds insensitive).  It's a horrific act but we can't as a whole let them fuckers win!  We need to carry on as normal.

Anyway, like I say apolgies if that's insensitive

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Mostt gig venues seem to be saying the same 'social media silence' for 48 hours.

cos that'll really show the terrorists they're not changing us...? That we're beating them? 

I'm heartbroken by the attacks, and I'm angry at the virtue signalling that's doing the terrorist's work.

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Exactly what these c**ts want isn't it?

they're power hungry enough to want a global caliphate, i doubt a few English music festivals not tweeting for a couple of days is going to be that satisfying to them. 

i'm more worried Glastonbury will step up their security in the light of this. on the one hand, yes, the Eavii's number one priority should be keeping people safe, and if these fuckers are now attacking safe spaces like bubblegum pop concerts then Glastonbury isn't going to be off-limits to them. but I lean towards the other hand, Glastonbury shouldn't be intimidated into changing its ways.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

cos that'll really show the terrorists they're not changing us...? That we're beating them? 

I'm heartbroken by the attacks, and I'm angry at the virtue signalling that's doing the terrorist's work.

I didnt say i agreed with it, but its something all festivals and major venues are doing now. Same wording on the statements

Reading Between the lines, it seems there are new guidelines the police are telling them to incorporate 

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

they're power hungry enough to want a global caliphate, i doubt a few English music festivals not tweeting for a couple of days is going to be that satisfying to them. 

i'm more worried Glastonbury will step up their security in the light of this. on the one hand, yes, the Eavii's number one priority should be keeping people safe, and if these fuckers are now attacking safe spaces like bubblegum pop concerts then Glastonbury isn't going to be off-limits to them. but I lean towards the other hand, Glastonbury shouldn't be intimidated into changing its ways.

nah, sod them, we carry on.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I didnt say i agreed with it, but its something all festivals and major venues are doing now.

it's something they're claiming to do, while doing nothing - at least in some instances, anyway.

For example, V Fest made an announcement last night, and noew they're saying 48 hours silence - a silence they'd be having anyway, because they wouldn't be making two announcements in the same week. It's quite likely that the others don't have announcements scheduled either.

#StandTogether by standing apart is fucking moronic.

10 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

I'm surprised there's not even been a 'we stand with Manchester' type tweet from the Glastonbury account, maybe they've got something scheduled to announce & they're gonna include their sympathy with that?

there's been a tweet by Emily.

"Our hearts are with Manchester on this very sad day"

I don't think that music festivals stopping their social media presence is letting terror win. Cancelling festivals would be letting terror win. Social media silence is just a way of showing respect for the victims, even if some people think it's a bit of an empty gesture 

26 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I would think the aggro involved in getting a Glastonbury ticket provides fairly good security as it is.