Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Just now, big__phil said:

Ah, the memories. Do they still let you click on everything during hazard perception?

I proper aced that section, like I could have left the last 4 questions and still pass. So I guess the answer to that is yes

3 minutes ago, Mattty said:

I proper aced that section, like I could have left the last 4 questions and still pass. So I guess the answer to that is yes

I remember getting 50/50 on the multiple choice bit, and then not doing very well on hazard perception; I was too concerned they'd pull me up for clicking too much that I didn't click enough! 

Still passed, mind. 

1 minute ago, Mattty said:

Haha nice. I didn't revise for mine at all, yet somehow hit the pass mark. Fuck knows how, I was useless. It wasn't for some time after my theory (I was still learning) that I was informed that national speed limit is 60, not 50. I must have pissed everyone off behind me pootling along at 50.

Also after I passed my exams I was waiting at a green before turning right for AGES, because I was waiting for the green arrow to light up. Again, it wasn't until a couple of beeps that I realised that I could indeed drive through a green light. Who knew?

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I remember getting 50/50 on the multiple choice bit, and then not doing very well on hazard perception; I was too concerned they'd pull me up for clicking too much that I didn't click enough! 

Still passed, mind. 

Beware of "rhythmic clicking"!

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Still passed, mind. 

All that matters I guess. 

46/50 on the multiple choice. I think I revised too much to the point where I felt under a lot of pressure. All sorted now anyway. Gimme that Arcadia announcement

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Haha nice. I didn't revise for mine at all, yet somehow hit the pass mark. Fuck knows how, I was useless. It wasn't for some time after my theory (I was still learning) that I was informed that national speed limit is 60, not 50. I must have pissed everyone off behind me pootling along at 50.

Also after I passed my exams I was waiting at a green before turning right for AGES, because I was waiting for the green arrow to light up. Again, it wasn't until a couple of beeps that I realised that I could indeed drive through a green light. Who knew?

Bet I do that in my practical :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I've heard that if you spell out "Let me pass" in morse code with your clicks then you don't even have to do the practical. True story. 

I friend of mine hit a wall on the way out of the car park at the start of the practical exam. She asked if that meant a fail, to which the answer was yes. She stopped the test. Quickest fail ever? She did eventually pass, on her 6th attempt.

Sure you'll be fine though, @Mattty.

32 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I friend of mine hit a wall on the way out of the car park at the start of the practical exam. She asked if that meant a fail, to which the answer was yes. She stopped the test. Quickest fail ever? She did eventually pass, on her 6th attempt.

Waste of a learning opportunity that - I'd like to think I'd keep going, knowing I'd failed but wanting to experience what I'd paid for.  On the other hand, if I was the examiner I think I'd have stopped it!

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I had just recently started wearing glasses for my first exam. Had them on top of my head when I pulled out of the parking lot. I noticed as I approached the first stop sign and tried to sneak them on. I thought I had gotten away with it as he took me through the whole exam only to find out afterwards that I failed immediately :pardon:

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

On the other side of that coin... One of my friends was about 10 minutes into his exam when someone crashed into the back of him, totally their fault.  Got a pass as the examin didn't see anything in that 10 minutes to give him a major or however many minors it is to fail.

What I'm saying here.. Is ideally you want to get involved in a non-fault crash on your test!

After that good deed of telling people a trick to get us all driving licences I think I deserve an announcement, Eavii...

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

On the other side of that coin... One of my friends was about 10 minutes into his exam when someone crashed into the back of him, totally their fault.  Got a pass as the examin didn't see anything in that 10 minutes to give him a major or however many minors it is to fail.

What I'm saying here.. Is ideally you want to get involved in a non-fault crash on your test!

After that good deed of telling people a trick to get us all driving licences I think I deserve an announcement, Eavii...

My uncle spent his entire test sat in a traffic jam. Couldn't ask for it any easier.

10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This sounds like the best route down for me. Does anyone here hate me enough to drive up to Sheffield and plough into me whilst doing my practical?

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

Ah, the memories. Do they still let you click on everything during hazard perception?

No! I passed my theory test, but only because I did well on the multiple choice. I got zero on one of the hazard perception questions, which is what happens if you click too much - and I think in general only just got the required number of points in that section to pass . I still don't get it though....it was a clip of driving down a street with cards lining both sides. Surely everything is a flippin' hazard!

Edited by Sasperella