Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If it was one, maybe - particularly if just United Vibrations dropped out - but with a headliner too it'd possibly look a little slapdash. You may be right, it's just something that was going thru my head.

They've done it before with Pyramid headiners.  If anything, an old TBA at the top of a listing builds even more excitement than anything else!

7 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Pretty sure Tribe (who were heavily rumoured to be Headliners) have cancelled all their European tour dates

Yep, broken something or other - doctors order to rest.  There goes Emily's really big secret?

59 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

True.

But does the beat hotel have garage music? I'd be tempted to say they're more likely to play Arcadia?

I'm sure someone will confirm / correct me either way.

I said in another thread, I'd be very surprised if they're in there 

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They've done it before with Pyramid headiners.  If anything, an old TBA at the top of a listing builds even more excitement than anything else!

Have they? I know they obviously had to sort out the Foo Fighters thing after they had already released stage splits and times. And with Metallica and The Who that was the poster and not the times. Can't recall them ever releasing the full splits with a headliner to be announced on any main stage.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have they? I know they obviously had to sort out the Foo Fighters thing after they had already released stage splits and times. And with Metallica and The Who that was the poster and not the times. Can't recall them ever releasing the full splits with a headliner to be announced on any main stage.

Oh, you might be right actually, I was thinking of Metallica/The Who.

Although arguably, a W Holts headliner isn't bigger than the Pyramid sub, which was never announced until the Libs took to the stage.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although arguably, a W Holts headliner isn't bigger than the Pyramid sub, which was never announced until the Libs took to the stage.

Aye but when times were announced Foos were still playing. They couldn't have done anything else with The Libs, really. I think they'll more likely put the times out with a TBA up there (if they haven't already been replaced), but Dental could be right.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep but that came about after the times were already released and they contractually couldn't announce them until they went on.

The missing WH headliner (if this is even a thing) wouldn't be bound by those stipulations and the festival would probably rather wait a few days to get the act and their set length sorted out rather than release the line up and update it a few days later. Plus nobody would've even completely known if ATCQ were lined up so it's less understandable that they haven't got an act sorted out to headline a major stage.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, Cieran said:

Yep! 2 pages back see the tweet from the Common. Likely to be referring to full line up + set times by the end of the week! 

It could however be just The Common announcing their own set times but I think this is the unlikely option.

Thanks for that.  Found the tweet now.  It sounds promising, but with them (the Rum Shack) saying "Follow us - we announce timings next week.", I suspect it is just The Common, or possibly even just The Rum Shack.  I hope it's the whole thing though!

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye but when times were announced Foos were still playing. They couldn't have done anything else with The Libs, really. I think they'll more likely put the times out with a TBA up there (if they haven't already been replaced), but Dental could be right.

Yeah they could've replaced them by the end of the day for all we know but I couldn't see them announcing until they had it sorted.

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I thought Neil said the info he had indicated that Tribe weren't there? why wouldn't they have been announced initially?

Nah his info indicated that they were there but yeah I dunno why they wouldn't have been announced. I guess they were doing a couple of other UK events but nothing that has kept other headliners and major acts off. Just speculative really.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yep but that came about after the times were already released and they contractually couldn't announce them until then.

The missing WH headliner (if this is even a thing) wouldn't be bound by those stipulations and the festival would probably rather wait a few days to get the act and their set length sorted out rather than release the line up and update it a few days later. Plus nobody would've even completely known if ATCQ were lined up so it's less understandable that they haven't got an act sorted out to headline a major stage.

Thinking about it, if they're considering bumping the sub, then that band (or their management) would probably prefer to be announced from the off, rather than being known as a "stand in".  So, I'm a little bit convinced that they could wait a few days.  But I don't see them waiting around for an extra couple of weeks to massage Anderson .Paak's ego.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Stereophonics on the Pyramid in 2002 is the one that comes to mind. But there was a specific reason for that.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

To be fair, there would be a specific reason if W Holts was announced without a headliner.

The thing is - I think they'd only announce a "TBA" with times if they were extremely confident that they'd be able to fill it with someone of sufficient stature - bearing in mind that tour logistics have to work, and Glastonbury is likely to offer far less cash to a potential replacement than other festivals can. Especially considering it's a replacement for an unannounced act on the 3rd biggest stage - whereas for other festivals it's much more important to get someone in.