swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

I really hope it's:

Major Lazer, NIN, The XX

With Bon Iver before Radiohead. Prophets of Rage before NIN and that's a pretty mega Saturday night!

Would prefer the national before radiohead, unlikely I know, but even so I'd buy that for a dollar!

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't know how you've came to this conclusion, Ed Saturday Foos Sunday seems so glaringly obvious?

Was just thinking that they'd give the gift of Ed to the locals on the Sunday that's all. Still reckon they will too. 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If there's a battle against the Foos happening on the Pyramid on the Sunday night then that definitely rules out Elton as a possible #3.

That's already ruled out, isn't it? Just as it being The Mac is. #3 is going to be The Sheeranator, it's even more obvious and inevitable than Coldplay last year.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Not looking too clever this year for my tastes. If rumours are true, after 3 years of going to Glastonbury I will have spent more time  queuing on the main road leading into the festival than I will have done at the 2 main stages of the actual festival.

Edited by eastynh

Sheeran is the most likely candidate, but the Stone Roses were pretty much tbc as recently as a month ago. I fully expect it to be him, but I fully expected it to be Stone Roses too. I don't think it's mental to keep speculating on other possibilities until some more persuasive evidence comes through!

Radiohead Ed and Foos would be perfect headliners for me. 

Radiohead I cannot wait for 100% there

Ed would give me a chance to see another headliner on another stage, hopefully something on West Holts

Foos don't mind either way if I see or not. Would put on a great show and would be a good back up for me

Don't know if it's just me, but Prophets of Rage just don't strike me as a band that's going to headline any stage. I know they're playing cracking sets full of bangers, but they do still just seem like somewhat of a novelty. I can see them in the early evening on the pyramid or other, even at that I'm not entirely sure how popular they'd be 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Don't know if it's just me, but Prophets of Rage just don't strike me as a band that's going to headline any stage. I know they're playing cracking sets full of bangers, but they do still just seem like somewhat of a novelty. I can see them in the early evening on the pyramid or other, even at that I'm not entirely sure how popular they'd be 

yeah this is how i see em. they're essentially just covering other bands songs (even if it is their respective members other bands songs). it'd be like having Noel headline and playing a bunch of Oasis covers (like many were stupidly predicting at one point). high Other or mid/high Pyramid for them for sure. it may not be Rage but as it's the closest we're gonna get to that these days i'll take it and have a whale of a time

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Sheeran is the most likely candidate, but the Stone Roses were pretty much tbc as recently as a month ago. I fully expect it to be him, but I fully expected it to be Stone Roses too. I don't think it's mental to keep speculating on other possibilities until some more persuasive evidence comes through!

Emily Eavis specifically ruled out The Roses along with DP!

35 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

this is how i see it too, though admittedly i haven't heard much of their stuff.  what i have heard brings to mind the stuff i listened to in the 90s, which certainly included the bands these guys are most renown for (and two of whom i saw at Glastonburys in the 90s).  i'm not sure if that's a good thing, but i'm a sucker for an hour of nostalgia.