Headliner predictions 2017

swede

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

and aye, as Neil said, this has definitely been in place since they pulled out in 2015 - the Eavis having the three headliners in place since last year finally makes total sense 

No, that's not what I said and it's not what I'm thinking.

From the bits and pieces that have come my way over time, I think the Foos were (after they had to cancel) initially pencilled in (with their agreement) for 2016, but sometime around Aug 2015 they decided instead to take a break so Muse were booked instead (and which might have something to do with Muse not playing Bestival in the end, after Matt had said they would be).

I reckon that the foos doing 2017 was probably agreed at that point.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

From the bits and pieces that have come my way over time, I think the Foos were (after they had to cancel) initially pencilled in (with their agreement) for 2016, but sometime around Aug 2015 they decided instead to take a break so Muse were booked instead (and which might have something to do with Muse not playing Bestival in the end, after Matt had said they would be).

sorry i really must stop referencing you and then just going off on my own tangent :P 

i guess that makes sense on a lot of levels actually, but yeah definitely lends itself to the 2017 headliners being booked around the same time as the 2016 headliners

guess the Foos were always an obvious one but with them being on a hiatus that could've gone on for a while they were a hard one to put any certainty in

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

This all makes sense. 

Radiohead, Ed Sheeran & the Foo Fighters, as a trio of headliners would be pretty strong tbh. I'll only be at Radiohead, but I will be shocked if any other UK fest can get anything remotely as strong.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This all makes sense. 

Radiohead, Ed Sheeran & the Foo Fighters, as a trio of headliners would be pretty strong tbh. I'll only be at Radiohead, but I will be shocked if any other UK fest can get anything remotely as strong.

yeah it's obviously not a forum favourite trio but it's a big big trio that covers a lot of bases, and even though many were hoping for The Stone Roses, Foos thwart them in size/popularity, especially five years in to the Roses reformation

I've just been passed some info on Foos which says they're definitely booked.

Combined with the NOS Alive announcement this morning that makes me just about certain it is the foos, tho a presumption and one bit of info isn't quite enough for me to TBC them just yet (cos i'm taking extra care ... and it's lucky that I am, else I'd have wrongly had stone roses marked as a tbc)

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just been passed some info on Foos which says they're definitely booked.

Combined with the NOS Alive announcement this morning that makes me just about certain it is the foos, tho a presumption and one bit of info isn't quite enough for me to TBC them just yet (cos i'm taking extra care ... and it's lucky that I am, else I'd have wrongly had stone roses marked as a tbc)

Sensible chap.

Don't know what I'm looking forward to more, the potential of a solid set of feelgood singalongs to close the weekend (as always caveated with whatever else may be on) or the 6 months of bitching on efests about the fact they're playing :lol:

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sensible chap.

Don't know what I'm looking forward to more, the potential of a solid set of feelgood singalongs to close the weekend (as always caveated with whatever else may be on) or the 6 months of bitching on efests about the fact they're playing :lol:

the more i think about it the more i'm really looking forward to being at the Pyramid on the Sunday night for this - will be my first time since 2010. i hope they don't fuck it up by going and booking somebody great to play elsewhere at the same time

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

the more i think about it the more i'm really looking forward to being at the Pyramid on the Sunday night for this - will be my first time since 2010. i hope they don't fuck it up by going and booking somebody great to play elsewhere at the same time

Ditto.  When they were due to play in 2015 I was thinking that I might go somewhere else, safe booking and all that. Then I heard Monkeywrench and had a wonderful vision of being down in the middle and going absolutely nuts to it.

Bring it :)

It's good to see that the festival has got a diverse set of headliners on the Sunday night. From the motionless German robots on WH to famed marathon runner Mr Grohl on the Pyramid, with surely plenty in between on other stages, there really are acts representing people of all activity levels. Good on them.

I'm a very casual Foo Fighters fan, but all of my party will be incredibly excited by this. It might be one of those occasions where I just say 'clashes be damned' and go along with my buddies, get incredibly Giuseppe'd and scream out the words to Everylong.

May not be deemed 'cool' by this forum, but I reckon it will be a fun night!

Would come as a welcome relief to me after thinking I was gonna miss a Radiohead, Roses and Daft Punk trio. It's an improvement on last years Pyramid headliners, but still pretty boring overall. 

6 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Have to say RH, ES, FF would be a very disappointing and unimaginative trio 

Would be elsewhere for all of them (probably), but it's a solid line up.  Realistically they probably couldn't arrange a much better trio - particularly if they also have Gaga playing in a non headline capacity.