Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Quark said:

No-one's actually managed to come up with what would be an acceptable trio of headliners yet.

About 90% of Glastonbury-type acts are ruled out as apparently any band that is predominantly white, middle class and includes guitars is safe and boring.

Bands that don't have a suitable back catalogue or number of albums under their belts will lose the field and struggle to fill a set a la Mumfords.

"Classic" era bands are over the hill, dad rock or only in it for the money.

There's no evidence (that I'm aware of ) that the biggest RnB / hip hop acts like Kendrick Lamar, Drake or Frank Ocean have a great interest in playing, understandable after the shitstorm over Kanye.

The biggest female acts have had poor recent albums (Gaga), played too recently (Adele) or are off form in general (Rhianna).

Huge international acts like Bieber are too poppy or dicks. Or both.

Any leftovers have questionable moral or political viewpoints.

So please, someone enlighten me as to what would be acceptable.

Three words

Chas and Dave

I would really like that Trio

although I would probably only see the FOOS , and that;s if they are playing Sunday night as Sunday night is sober family night, and we all love a good sing song.

Ed Sheeran, I woudl rather not . Radiohead I would but only if I really didn't like anyone else that was playing and all my mates went 

Just a general question to the longer term Glasto members here.

Does this forum often get the predictions on headliners right?

just seems like everyone is 100% on Ed Shizzle & Foos, and as much as I don't actually mind either, it would be nice this far away from the actual fest to think we could still get a complete surprise.

Just now, Richi1988 said:

Just a general question to the longer term Glasto members here.

Does this forum often get the predictions on headliners right?

just seems like everyone is 100% on Ed Shizzle & Foos, and as much as I don't actually mind either, it would be nice this far away from the actual fest to think we could still get a complete surprise.

in 2015 nobody knew Kanye until practically the day it was announced, and The Who came as quite a surprise as well. last (this) year all three headliners were known as early as November, and i feel it's the same situation this time 'round. said this a few times now with other headliners (notably Stone Roses) but i'd be surprised if it wasn't Sheeran and Foos now with Foos touring festivals around the time and there being a lack of other available acts touring around the time (although who knows what'll come out of the woodwork)

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What with that and RHCP also biting the dust today it does look like the number of possible acts is staring to winnow down.

just as the two other rumours get stronger

If it aint Foos and Ed now, Glasto have done very well keeping it quiet

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

robbie williams brought the house down in 1998. Now THAT'S terrifying, and really pisses on the chips of the "90s crowds were better" crew

That massive crowd was only there waiting for Tricky if memory correct. He was off his head that night.

The first bit may be wrong 

19 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

That massive crowd was only there waiting for Tricky if memory correct. He was off his head that night.

The first bit may be wrong 

He'd just released Angels and Let Me Entertain You and was playing as part of the tour of an album which sold by the bucketload, I'm no great Robbie fan but it seems unlikely the crowd were there more for Tricky than him???