Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

Looking at the map closer, if they are doing the areas in white,  in the UK they will be doing London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester or Liverpool, Newcastle or Sunderland, Edingburgh or Glasgow, and wait for it ... Glastonbury !!!!

7 minutes ago, ismadder said:

Looking at the map closer, if they are doing the areas in white,  in the UK they will be doing London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester or Liverpool, Newcastle or Sunderland, Edingburgh or Glasgow, and wait for it ... Glastonbury !!!!

i don't think the whiter areas necessarily represent exactly where they're gonna play. i can't see them playing in all of those cities, and i'd hazard a guess that it'll be Glastonbury may be the lot in the UK and possibly a big London date (unless of course they're planning to do more intimate shows like they did in 2015 which i guess is always a possibility)

i could be wrong of course. guess we'll see what comes with this next announcement - one more festival announced or a bunch more shows

Edited by FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i don't think the whiter areas necessarily represent exactly where they're gonna play. i can't see them playing in all of those cities, and i'd hazard a guess that it'll be Glastonbury may be the lot in the UK and possibly a big London date (unless of course they're planning to do more intimate shows like they did in 2015 which i guess is always a possibility)

i could be wrong of course. guess we'll see what comes with this next announcement - one more festival announced or a bunch more shows

I assume the white areas are just more populated ie there is more light when viewed from space?

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I assume the white areas are just more populated ie there is more light when viewed from space?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Don't think there's any special significance to it. Although obviously they will end up playing most of the brightest areas anyway.

I thought that as Portugal was red in the first map, then they announced NOS that that was the giveaway. Red areas for next announcements.

From that pic, Open'er must be on the cards (Poland) and a fest in Spain - although I couldn't name any other than Bennicassim off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

I thought that as Portugal was red in the first map, then they announced NOS that that was the giveaway. Red areas for next announcements.

From that pic, Open'er must be on the cards (Poland) and a fest in Spain - although I couldn't name any other than Bennicassim off the top of my head.

Benicassim would actually work well for me!  We'd end up seeing them there, which would definitely free up a Glastonbury night for me to watch something else :)

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

It's Mad Cool in Madrid. 

Yes, that's the actual name of an actual festival. 

Just now, Quark said:

Benicassim would actually work well for me!  We'd end up seeing them there, which would definitely free up a Glastonbury night for me to watch something else :)

lets hope they play Beni then :P

I've gone right off the Foos for the moment after Wembley/Glasto got cancelled. If they play G and I get a ticket, I will probably still see them. I have a suspicion that Everlong on the Pyramid would be fucking epic!

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

It's times like this that I hate being colourblind. There is/was red on the map? 

on the left where Portugal and Spain are, and on the top right where Poland is.

Sorry mate if I offended. My mum was red/green colourblind I think it was, I was forever helping her find things on maps etc!