Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Tickets for Phil Collins's headline show go on general sale on Friday 11 November and prices range from £79.50 to £699.

£699!!

giphy.gif

This is BST we are talking about here, with the waiter service tables and 3 course meals!!! I found this hilarious that this was on offer when Black Sabbath played :D

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Of late 90's early 2000's pop acts - I'd rsther Pink play. Just like a pill is a "banger" as the kids say.

Absolutely! I'd been wondering why Pink is never mentioned as a potential headliner here. It's not like she's just a 90's/00's act either, Wiki says she had a number of top 10 hits from her last album in 2012/2013.

1 hour ago, marcoolio said:

Absolutely! I'd been wondering why Pink is never mentioned as a potential headliner here. It's not like she's just a 90's/00's act either, Wiki says she had a number of top 10 hits from her last album in 2012/2013.

The fact that you had to check Wikipedia doesn't help your case.

1 hour ago, marcoolio said:

I'm a fan but she's def not a headliner. 3rd down on Pyramid at best, she was only sub at IOW as McCartney requested her. She puts on hell of a show though, and can actually sing live. If bloody Shakira can play the pyramid Pink def can.

3 hours ago, Troop Dogg said:

Nah all those people singing along to Angels were really only there to get a good spot to catch Tricky drop his massive festival crowd-pleasers like this. 'Come on everybody, you're not in Knowle West now, you know the words!'

I was 13 at the festival in 1998 and I actually caught the end of Robbie Williams set because I was waiting for Tricky, then he came on and I think it was raining so I retired back to the Green Futures field where I was camped.

9 minutes ago, Bradders said:

The fact that you had to check Wikipedia doesn't help your case.

I'd concede your point but I only checked to see how she'd been doing in the UK. (I'm in Holland.)

7 minutes ago, swede said:

I'm a fan but she's def not a headliner. 3rd down on Pyramid at best, she was only sub at IOW as McCartney requested her. She puts on hell of a show though, and can actually sing live. If bloody Shakira can play the pyramid Pink def can.

You're probably right. For some reason I thought she'd been headlining festivals back in 2010, but I was clearly mistaken.

I'm tempted to go back to Wikipedia and compare sales figures and concert attendance with past and rumoured subs and headliners, since I do enjoy a good game of "your metric is irrelevant to me".

37 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

She could sub quite nicely I'd say

Macca on the Pyramid again would be one off the list.

She could. But to all intents and purposes it seems like they've got Gaga subbing this year and Ms Moore and Gaga both subbing in the same year would seem a bit much, especially with easily the most out-and-out pop headliner they've ever had too

Edited by Zac Quinn

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

I feel like we should be rewarded with a Smiths reunion or something after how utterly shambolic 2016 has been. 

Johhny Marr said they will have one in McDonalds, the other night when I went see him the other night where he was speaking about his book. The question about the Smiths reforming was put to him by Chrissie Hynde so his reply was very tounge in cheek.

One thing I will say is that he is clearly very proud of the Smiths. He had a variety if different guitars on stage and he kept jumping up and playing different Smiths tunes on each one. He also mentioned that he tried to get Andy Rourke to join his current band but the practicalities made it impossible. From the way he spoke the other night and from reading recent interviews , I don't think it is an impossibility from his part. Morrisey is another matter entirely.

Edited by eastynh