Headliner predictions 2017

swede

8 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I think it may have been the Brit Awards that caused the previous lolfest

Ah think you might be right there. EMA's over now.  Caught the last 30 seconds of Green Day closing the show. Couldn't say I recognised anyone in the little montage at the end. Can someone give me the heads up for the Brits so I can stream it please. Ta. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Aaawww man, thats normally the best time of the year on here. Can you stream it? 

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Are you thinking of the NME awards or have I missed something with the EMAs?

11 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'm confused now. Thought the EMA's were for taking the piss and deriding and the NME's were for looking for clues for who was playing? I haven't had a telly for over a year so just normally read the scorn with glee on here. 

FFS!

The Brits are our annual petty bitch session. 

Little Mix won last year's Slagathon if I recall. 

I just noticed on Twitter that the MTV European Music Awards were live tweeting...and it sadly looked sadly unmissably guff. 

There's always next year...unless it's on TV tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

FFS!

The Brits are our annual petty bitch session. 

Little Mix won last year's Slagathon if I recall. 

I just noticed on Twitter that the MTV European Music Awards were live tweeting...and it sadly looked sadly unmissably guff. 

There's always next year...unless it's on TV tomorrow?

Woffy's Special When We Should Take The Piss Thingy.

26 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'm confused now. Thought the EMA's were for taking the piss and deriding and the NME's were for looking for clues for who was playing? I haven't had a telly for over a year so just normally read the scorn with glee on here. 

I thought they were both for taking the piss and deriding.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When is Brits? I remember last one somebody text me to say Bjork was on freaking all the squares out, and I thought that sounded fun so I turned it on, but when I did turn it on it was like Madonna or somebody prattling about something or other.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I think it was around the time of NaanGate. 

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When is Brits? I remember last one somebody text me to say Bjork was on freaking all the squares out, and I thought that sounded fun so I turned it on, but when I did turn it on it was like Madonna or somebody prattling about something or other.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Did you do that on purpose?

I have no recollection of NaanGate.  c**tgate yes, bettingslipgate yes, "Emile Sandé anyone"gate of course and I also remember with dread MacKeepergate. But not NaanGate. 

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

NaanGate had much more of an effect on you than I'd realised.

After Little Mix 'won' the Brits show according to eFests and Madonna got all manner of Rick Grimes fucked up by her dancer with the cape fiasco, your 2 naan binge was all it took took to burn that night into my fragile psyche, Lawn. 

25 minutes ago, Woffy said:

After Little Mix 'won' the Brits show according to eFests and Madonna got all manner of Rick Grimes fucked up by her dancer with the cape fiasco, your 2 naan binge was all it took took to burn that night into my fragile psyche, Lawn. 

I've always thought I'm as important as Madonna, but it's often not recognised by everybody else, thanks for your support.

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've always thought I'm as important as Madonna, but it's often not recognised by everybody else, thanks for your support.

Any time you want help pratfalling down a flight of stairs in public wearing a pair of expensive sparkly pants whilst singing something new but unmemorable Lawn, I'm yer man.

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

February. In the serious "award season". Along with the Oscars, Grammys, Brits & Rear of the Year.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Strong lineup so far then for NOS.

I guess the only (slim) chance of Foo and the Fighters not doing Glastonbury is if the headliners were booked before they decided to end their hiatus. 

i reckon you've maybe got that the wrong way round.

Cos their hiatus might have always been scheduled to end in time for them to play Glastonbury.

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

Strong lineup so far then for NOS.

I guess the only (slim) chance of Foo and the Fighters not doing Glastonbury is if the headliners were booked before they decided to end their hiatus. 

is it just the two headliners that have been announced so far?

and aye, as Neil said, this has definitely been in place since they pulled out in 2015 - the Eavis having the three headliners in place since last year finally makes total sense