Resale success rate

Crazyfool01

we've done 5 in total.  

2014 got 2 in October (not realising how hard it is i just went in without fear!)

2016 bro-in-law got ours in the resale.

2017 - got tickets in resale thanks to a fb group

2019 a stranger in sweden got ours in october.

2022 - a work colleague good ours in the resale

2023 - fingers crossed for april

never been unsuccessful yet see 😀

Only tried the resale once myself as have worked other times I didn’t get through in October. I was successful that one time though - have also tried every year for other members of our group, probably around a 60% success rate over the past decade 

Edited by mike46

For the resale you need to pay the whole ticket price; by April after the winter of heating bills etc many people will not be able to afford their ticket and also may be put off by the lineup announcement. 

I think your chances are high if you are determined enough. 

2013 resale fail (last fest I didn’t attend, did Bilbao BBK instead)

2014 resale success !

2015-2020 (2022 rollover) Main sale success

2022 coach resale success for Mrs Moth within 90 seconds, general resale success for friends partner within 5 minutes.

2023 fingers crossed for resale as we had payment page crash disaster in main sale.

I think i've only ever tried for my mates a couple of times. The first time I was successful, the second I was on a coach travelling to an airport in France (so not sure how good the 4g signal was) and I wasn't successful. This year will be the first time ever i'll be trying for the resale for myself, so fingers crossed. Will also be looking at volunteering as a back up though.  

Personally, since 2008, I've needed the resale three times and each time I've got nowhere near it. Happily, our ticket buying network was able to step up each time and get me there. However, that was in the days when only around 30 of us (out of approximately 150) needed tickets in the resale. This year, that number is 82 out of 126 so there'll be less people to be on hand to help. If we secure half of that number, we'll be lucky, but we'll be trying nonetheless. The obvious advice is, assemble a small army of very organised helpers on the day. It's no guarantee of success, but it definitely improves your chances.

In the past I have always got lucky in the main sale, and have always tried in the resale for friends but never ever got lucky.  This year I wasn't successful in the main sale, so hope my luck changes in the resale! 

Successful in 5/5 resales. Years went by without me getting near the website on official TDay.

With this years (likely) weak lineup and people having to pony up 290 quid I think it'll be relatively easy this year. 

23 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Been successful twice in the resale but one of those was 2008 - the great Jay-Z meltdown + the glasto previous being the wettest and most horrible ever (not actually ever, but it did put people off for a little while if ticket sales were anything to go by)

Does 08 even count? Could've toddled up to the gate on Friday morning and bought a ticket, walked in, cracked out a unit in the disabled portaloo and had a beer in hand by midday.

Edited by The Nal