When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know it's been reporting every day but it doesn't mean they've reported all deaths every day, which is what I meant. Could be wrong across but we were hitting 500 odd a day before the 26th and then there are some much lower numbers.

Yesterday was probably the first proper day since last Wednesday for deaths to be properly registered, I can't see anything else causing that sudden a jump

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

I don't see how that is pedantic at all. Risk is low outside that's a fact. People going walks with their pals is not something to get concerned about.

I was talking about your point you can't catch the virus by touching surfaces - you can... never referred to the outdoors point

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s very true. It’s also incorrect to say the virus doesn’t spread through touching things. We need to ensure correct information is out there!

I meant in general it spreads through the air. Risk is also low outside. People meeting their pals for walks outside is not a big deal.

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

not really... testing for kids will be done later jesus h christ!!

Absolutely disgraceful, just seen that he said they are going back on monday, I thought they were delaying it a week or something. It's very odd, that they are risking this, when they new the new variant is more contagious and has been among younger demographics. 

Seriously at this point, - Incoming U-TURN sure

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

The ones least able to work out social distancing then !!! and more likely to hug Grandma 

Yeah but the youngest ones probably struggle the most with remote learning so can sort of see the logic..

Don't understand the delay on full testing within schools though

"School return plans

Gavin Williamson says 'overwhelming majority' of primary schools will still return on 4 January - but planned return of older secondary and college pupils will be delayed until 11 January, with everyone else back a week later. All secondary school children will return by 18 January."

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-downing-street-to-hold-oxford-vaccine-briefing-12174643

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

"School return plans

Gavin Williamson says 'overwhelming majority' of primary schools will still return on 4 January - but planned return of older secondary and college pupils will be delayed until 11 January, with everyone else back a week later. All secondary school children will return by 18 January."

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-downing-street-to-hold-oxford-vaccine-briefing-12174643

We'll see if that's the same in the next 5-7 days...

Just now, mcshed said:

The ones least able to remote learn you mean and the one's who grandma has to come round and babysit for whilst mum and dad work?

fair comment .... I dont think schools should be open at all though .... this isn't getting controlled whilst schools are open ... 

Honestly, getting extremely annoyed that most of us have had to sacrifice work, social life, mental health, etc etc and the one extremely obvious thing they can do to stop this spread – shutting all schools for a couple of weeks – is the hill that they insist on dying on and one they've barely refused to budge on all year. It's just.. fucking infuriating at this point.

29 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just got a Nintendo switch. So a lockdown spent playing Animal Crossing and Smash Bros? I'm looking forward to it!

My lovely wife bought me one at the start of lockdown in March...great fun! Been through all the Lego games (Lego city undercover is GTA for kids, bloody brilliant!). Thoroughly enjoyed Luigi’s mansion as well. Just waiting for Doom Eternal to be available for download now! Enjoy!

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

How come you work from home but not now?

before pandemic my work place was pretty relaxed about working from home, and on average I usually stayed home a couple of days a week. Then we had the lockdown and were forced to work from home, but CEO didn't like this and all offices had to go back to office part time so offices 50% capacity (I work for US tech company based in California but with offices round the world). CEO still not happy and started closing sites down and forcing workers to work from home permanently to save money...and our offices was selected. He was persuaded not to close our office if we went back in full time...so we have to go in now, although we worked from home during November lockdown.  I sent an email to HR complaining about this and was told we are expected to be in as we were essential workers or some bullshit).

I actually think they will not make us go back now we're in Tier4, but don't know yet.

• Upvote 1