When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It was a huge mistake to let Christmas happen. I could see on my road cars in front of people's houses including on Boxing Day. Way too much mixing. Snow days probably won't have helped either. 

It will be looked back on as a huge mistake I agree. We were saying for ages Christmas was a danger and these measures are for the time before Christmas.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

It's outdoors though? Doesn't really matter

I assume it does when they are all touching each others sledges and pushing kids down hills. There wasn't a lot of social distancing going on in the photos I saw and I thought that was necessary outdoors as well. 

Up into T4 here in Mendip. Mrs P works in a small boutique in town which will now close (again) but I can't say I'm sorry to hear that as I'd rather she was safe at home than in the firing line of the asymptomatic public, even with the precautions, screen etc she has in place.

It'll take her 2 weeks to get all the tree needles up anyway so she won't be bored.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Putting everything on shops being the spreaders then. The groups outside bit is so unlikely to spread it

More nudge unit bollocks really 

I guess the more out and about people are the more people are likely to break the restrictions in other areas   .... 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Mixing households even outside is a bad thing, especially as we don’t know a huge amount about this more transmissible variant. 

If it spreads outside we are so fucked that they need military on the streets and everyone in their houses with no excuses for leaving, even outdoor exercise. I'm not going quite down that road of worry yet...

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

North Somerset is Tier 3 still but the rest of Somerset is Tier 4 I believe.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

mendip , sedge moor , somerset west and taunton , south somerset ..... Tier 4 .....is that what u fall in ? 

just seen @JoeyT has it covered thanks 

Thanks both! Live in Sedgemoor but work full time in North Somerset and my hospital appntment is in North Somerset next Tuesday!! Then 7 days isolation after pre op!!! They send a tester out 3 days before going in for op!!! 
not sure it’s going to happen if hospitals are overwhelmed!!! 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

If it spreads outside we are so fucked that they need military on the streets and everyone in their houses with no excuses for leaving, even outdoor exercise. I'm not going quite down that road of worry yet...

Obviously it’s not as bad outside but households mixing is the big things, touching different surfaces etc. I think if we have a future national lockdown we should go hard on that type of thing like we did in March. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Mixing households even outside is a bad thing, especially as we don’t know a huge amount about this more transmissible variant. 

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal though, especially if you keep a bit of distance. Very unlikely to cause a spread. Indoors is another matter of course.

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

Thanks both! Live in Sedgemoor but work full time in North Somerset and my hospital appntment is in North Somerset next Tuesday!! Then 7 days isolation after pre op!!! They send a tester out 3 days before going in for op!!! 
not sure it’s going to happen if hospitals are overwhelmed!!! 

keep the faith ... ive seen nothing ref hospitals being overwhelmed down here as yet ... good luck x

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

What exactly is the difference between tier 3 and 4? Apart from a few superficial things I cant see that a huge amount has changed 

There is very little difference really beyond retail. The main ones are:

Gyms closed (closed for classes in tier 3 but open for everything else)

You can only meet one person outdoors as opposed to rule of six outdoors (neither allow gardens)

Non-essential retail, hairdressers etc shut 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

🙂 who's that red bit right in the middle ? 

Rutland.

No idea why they'd leave it alone like that - surely they're basically inviting in everyone from the surrounding area who wants to go to Primark or wherever.

Edit: There's no Primark in Rutland. But the general point still stands.

Edited by incident

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Rutland.

No idea why they'd leave it alone like that - surely they're basically inviting in everyone from the surrounding area who wants to go to Primark or wherever.

Edit: There's no Primark in Rutland. But the general point still stands.

Heavily Conservative area according to wikipedia...

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

There is very little difference really beyond retail. The main ones are:

Gyms closed (closed for classes in tier 3 but open for everything else)

You can only meet one person outdoors as opposed to rule of six outdoors (neither allow gardens)

Non-essential retail, hairdressers etc shut 

Oh I thought of one more difference: tier 4 has a "stay at home" order but tier 3 doesn't. Quite subtle though!