When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Guys despite things looking extremely grim right now and Ive no doubt we are all feeling it in different ways .... unfortunately at this point we can have little influence in some things ... what we can do is stick together and provide support for each other to see us out the other side ..... unfortunately Efests doesnt set the government policy  .... but they could learn quite  a bit from this thread .... Stay strong , Stick to the rules as much as we hate the govt , and lets get out the other side 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

before pandemic my work place was pretty relaxed about working from home, and on average I usually stayed home a couple of days a week. Then we had the lockdown and were forced to work from home, but CEO didn't like this and all offices had to go back to office part time so offices 50% capacity (I work for US tech company based in California but with offices round the world). CEO still not happy and started closing sites down and forcing workers to work from home permanently to save money...and our offices was selected. He was persuaded not to close our office if we went back in full time...so we have to go in now, although we worked from home during November lockdown.  I sent an email to HR complaining about this and was told we are expected to be in as we were essential workers or some bullshit).

I actually think they will not make us go back now we're in Tier4, but don't know yet.

They need to start doing psych tests on people who wanna be bosses or ceos, it seems like a mental condition. "I want all of the power, while having little understanding of the impact my decision actually make" - 

You have to be a certain breed i swear

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I genuinely think that January will be the worst of it, and after that things will get better and better.

Yeah, I'm starting to think this as well. As soon as the over 75s start getting jabbed I think we'll see very quick improvements in everything, starting in February. Just got to get through the next six weeks or so.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I genuinely think that January will be the worst of it, and after that things will get better and better.

This is my thinking too.  Hunker down, cosy in from the weather, limit your contacts.  Noone does anything in January anyway. 

I wonder if they should be doing a 2 forms of attack when it comes to the vaccine and doing half vulnerable people and half secondary schools. It seems like kids of that age actually have potential to be big spreaders and it would start giving them their lives back as well. Also would mean there wouldn't be as much problem with schools being open which seems to be a big concern for them. 

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think this as well. As soon as the over 75s start getting jabbed I think we'll see very quick improvements in everything, starting in February. Just got to get through the next six weeks or so.

It's not just the over 75s.  We're getting lots of admissions 40 - 65.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, gigpusher said:

I wonder if they should be doing a 2 forms of attack when it comes to the vaccine and doing half vulnerable people and half secondary schools. It seems like kids of that age actually have potential to be big spreaders and it would start giving them their lives back as well. Also would mean there wouldn't be as much problem with schools being open which seems to be a big concern for them. 

they arent jabbing kids though ... 

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It's not just the over 75s.  We're getting lots of admissions 40 - 65.

This is why I worry I'm 46 working age, but I know from folks I know in NHS a lot of the people coming into ICU are of the 40-65 age group... I defo understand and stand behind getting the oldies jabbed as quick as possible but hope this 40-65 age group gets theirs as soon as possible too

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think there's evidence that this new variant is spreading more with primary age children is there? It is with older kids.

My friends daughter got it just before the holidays. She's 10. He now has classic symptoms and has gone for a test today so I'd say primary school kids are getting it and spreading it. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

I don't think there's evidence that this new variant is spreading more with primary age children is there? It is with older kids.

maybe not the new variant .... but any spreading causes pressure on the NHS ultimately and we surely need to take every measure possible to reduce this 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

maybe not the new variant .... but any spreading causes pressure on the NHS ultimately and we surely need to take every measure possible to reduce this 

sure...but as someone said not all these kids can be home schooled and loss of education can have massive detrimental effects in those early years.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Yes.

Anyone who says no deserves to be in a lockdown for the rest of time.

Providing we can get enough people to administer it through the night we should do it.

No one wants this to go on any longer than it has to...

What about those of us who don't drive? How the fuck am I supposed to get to a vaccination centre at 2:30 in the morning?