When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know we are playing catchup but those death figures 😞

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn’t look like that’s due to catch up. The deaths are mostly in England which has been reporting every day throughout. The image is from daily reported deaths. 

DA1A0F95-1BDA-463C-B6BE-5817686115B1.jpeg

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Touching surfaces isn't how it spreads, it's through air particles

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Your quote backs up my point lol. 'Primarily through droplets'. Can also be from touching but hardly a big deal outside is it.

You said as above touching surfaces isn’t how it spreads. My attachment confirms it can spread like that, it’s the opposite of what you said. 

This is why we need everywhere in at least Tier 4 .... if not national lockdown .... unfortunately hospital capacity is going to be overwhelmed in some areas and patients are going to need to be transferred ......  we dont have europe to rely on now ... they were transferring around countries there ... we are on our own 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Your quote backs up my point lol. 'Primarily through droplets'. Can also be from touching but hardly a big deal outside is it.

It sort of doesn't, you said it doesn't spread through touching things when it can - if you touch anything with the virus on it and then touch your face (entry points being eyes, mouth and ears

If you want to be pedantic yes primary spread is through aerosol but you can catch it from surfaces

On 12/20/2020 at 10:09 PM, Paul ™ said:

We never had europe to rely on as surplus hospital space.

Vaccine training has been started in our place now.

Its like the end of Zulu in south Gloucestershire. We know we are surrounded its just a matter of when we fall. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You said as above touching surfaces isn’t how it spreads. My attachment confirms it can spread like that, it’s the opposite of what you said. 

In general I meant obviously. This was also in the context of being outdoors. People meeting up to walk outside with their pals is not a big deal at all.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I said yes. Thoughts?

Yes.

Anyone who says no deserves to be in a lockdown for the rest of time.

Providing we can get enough people to administer it through the night we should do it.

No one wants this to go on any longer than it has to...

Edited by JoeyT

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I said yes. Thoughts?

Depends how far into the rollout it is - if they offered me an appointment before the end of January, I'd happily take literally any time of day and anywhere within a 2 hour drive. Maybe further.

If it gets to say May and I'm in the last 10% or so, I'm a lot less flexible.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

In general I meant obviously. This was also in the context of being outdoors. People meeting up to walk outside with their pals is not a big deal at all.

unfortunately whilst its lower risk we dont know that that hasn't increased with the new variant 

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

It sort of doesn't, you said it doesn't spread through touching things when it can - if you touch anything with the virus on it and then touch your face (entry points being eyes, mouth and ears

If you want to be pedantic yes primary spread is through aerosol but you can catch it from surfaces

Yeah exactly. If I had the virus, touched a bench in the park for example spreading the virus, then you came along touched that bench and then your mouth it would be possible you would pick up the virus that way. Touch might not be the primary way but it is definitely a way to transmit the virus. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I said yes. Thoughts?

Personally, abso-fucking-lutely, although as someone in his 20s without any underlying conditions it'll be a while until such a question is relevant to me 😛.

Made the mistake of reading the responses to that tweet though - awash with antivaxxers/morons.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn’t look like that’s due to catch up. The deaths are mostly in England which has been reporting every day throughout. The image is from daily reported deaths. 

DA1A0F95-1BDA-463C-B6BE-5817686115B1.jpeg

I know it's been reporting every day but it doesn't mean they've reported all deaths every day, which is what I meant. Could be wrong across but we were hitting 500 odd a day before the 26th and then there are some much lower numbers.

3 minutes ago, danmarks said:

We never had europe to rely on as surplus hospital space.

Vaccine training has been started in our place now.

Its like the end of Zulu in south Gloucestershire. We know we are surrounded its just a matter of when we fall. 

did I imagine patients being transferred around Europe at the peak ? im sure Germany were taking some 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

unfortunately whilst its lower risk we dont know that that hasn't increased with the new variant 

That’s very true. It’s also incorrect to say the virus doesn’t spread through touching things. We need to ensure correct information is out there!

7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I don't see how that is pedantic at all. Risk is low outside that's a fact. People going walks with their pals is not something to get concerned about.