When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you not seen the increase in the last couple of weeks? We needed to go into Tier 4 at least a week ago.

I get his pain though it's been 6 bloody months, we've had no respite from this at all it's soul destroying tbh 😞

Seeing pictures on my timeline from work colleagues in Liverpool out and about in bars was quite surreal!! Whilst I never did venture to them when I had a brief chance over the summer it makes me sad that they have all been effectively shut since Oct (that's on top of ones that never opened up at all since March) ... seeing those pics really made me upset tbh

Good news on the Oxford jab but I'm so far down the list I don't see any light for me until the summer 😞  

4 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@crazyfool1 I’m at work what tier are we in Somerset and North Somerset? 

mendip , sedge moor , somerset west and taunton , south somerset ..... Tier 4 .....is that what u fall in ? 

just seen @JoeyT has it covered thanks 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

What exactly is the difference between tier 3 and 4? Apart from a few superficial things I cant see that a huge amount has changed 

Non essential retail is closed, gyms and hairdressers etc too. 

You can't meet in groups of 6 outside. I think that is about.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

For everyone mentioning tier 5, I suspect that Williamson's speech in about 20 minutes will render tier 5 redundant - I.e. he'll announce a delay to the schools going back.

We need a stricter form of lockdown like in March, no meeting with people outside of your house even one on one etc. The harder we go now the shorter it will be for. 

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I get his pain though it's been 6 bloody months, we've had no respite from this at all it's soul destroying tbh 😞

Seeing pictures on my timeline from work colleagues in Liverpool out and about in bars was quite surreal!! Whilst I never did venture to them when I had a brief chance over the summer it makes me sad that they have all been effectively shut since Oct (that's on top of ones that never opened up at all since March) ... seeing those pics really made me upset tbh

Good news on the Oxford jab but I'm so far down the list I don't see any light for me until the summer 😞  

Every jab given directly benefits all of us, you don’t need to have the jab to get the benefits of it.

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

I do, but Manchester has been under constant restrictions because we've never got the R and case levels down to a point where it would be safe to. And every time things were loosened (E.g. opening pubs in Bolton), it only stored up trouble for later.

But - the weather is going to improve in a few weeks and the vaccines are being rolled out. We need a month, then things will be very different.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That is not working. It worked before lockdown, it's not working now.

0_Infection-rates-28122020jpeg.jpg

It was a huge mistake to let Christmas happen. I could see on my road cars in front of people's houses including on Boxing Day. Way too much mixing. Snow days probably won't have helped either. 

3 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Closing places like the Trafford Centre is massive IMHO... Or at least I hope so. It seems like a great place to catch the plague to me.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

What exactly is the difference between tier 3 and 4? Apart from a few superficial things I cant see that a huge amount has changed 

Main difference for me is you can't get your hair cut. I suppose some shops can stay open in tier 3 that can't in tier 4 but yes it's marginal. 

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Putting everything on shops being the spreaders then. The groups outside bit is so unlikely to spread it

More nudge unit bollocks really 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Closing places like the Trafford Centre is massive IMHO... Or at least I hope so. It seems like a great place to catch the plague to me.

That places has been at full capacity with big queues all week - what the bloody hell were those people thinking???