2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m working from home today and tomorrow because someone from my work has coronavirus!

good day to wait for announcement!

I also decided to WFH today because I have the mildest of mild sore throats but didn't want to get frowned on by my colleagues. Normally I HATE WFH, but today it seems like an excellent choice

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I also decided to WFH today because I have the mildest of mild sore throats but didn't want to get frowned on by my colleagues. Normally I HATE WFH, but today it seems like an excellent choice

I'm also WFH today as I recently got laid off and dont have another option 😂 I am working though its just all contract work. 

It’s probably best not to announce it right now in the middle of global panic. There would be likely to be huge social media outrage if Glastonbury tried to carry on as normal. 

The signs say that the poster is ready but they are waiting for the right time to announce it so it doesn’t cause a media shitstorm. 

10 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

No way they can make that call yet. I work in critical care in NHS. If this gets bad it won’t be fixed by June. 

Of course it won’t be fixed by June, but equally lockdown measures can only be implemented for a certain period, if they go on indefinitely the country and the economy collapse. If they release the poster today I’d be fairly certain it will be off the back of conversations with the government confirming the point that social distancing will end.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Agreed. It’s BAU until they’re told otherwise. That includes all the usual activities - starting the build, dropping the poster, paying balances...

Yes although it would be wise to hold BAU until as late as possible. In 2 weeks we will know a lot more. I am surprised for such an early potential announcement. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I cant see how a large scale event can possibly announce at the moment

I'm expecting the announcement to include a comment of " we are still working and planning as if it's going ahead, whilst closely following advice of Public Health England" 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s probably best not to announce it right now in the middle of global panic. There would be likely to be huge social media outrage if Glastonbury tried to carry on as normal. 

The signs say that the poster is ready but they are waiting for the right time to announce it so it doesn’t cause a media shitstorm. 

Other festivals are announcing. BST dropped one last week without too much outrage.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

but then when will be a good time ... I dont think things will look up over the next 2 weeks unfortunately