2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Other festivals are announcing. BST dropped one last week without too much outrage.

That was last week. It’s only just been confirmed as a Pandemic less than 24 hours ago, countries announcing lockdowns today. Today is not a good day for this news. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Of course it won’t be fixed by June, but equally lockdown measures can only be implemented to a certain period, of they go on indefinitely the country and the economy collapse. If they release the poster today I’d be fairly certain it will be off the back of conversations with the government confirming the point that social distancing will end.

Wish I had your optimism. Too many unknowns at the moment :( 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

That was last week. It’s only just been confirmed as a Pandemic less than 24 hours ago, countries announcing lockdowns today. Today is not a good day for this news. 

Realistically when is? There’s no sign of this slowing down for a while

Glastonbury announcing as usual with a note saying it's on as far as they're aware but will follow government procedure actually does the government a favour. As much as we need to mitigate things in the immediate future, the country also needs a sense that things will return back to normal/quasi normal.

Just now, kingbadger said:

Glastonbury announcing as usual with a note saying it's on as far as they're aware but will follow government procedure actually does the government a favour. As much as we need to mitigate things in the immediate future, the country also needs a sense that things will return back to normal/quasi normal.

This makes a lot of sense. 

Also, it's probs gonna get worse before it gets better. It's could well be today or sit on it for a while.....

If the government need to shut down the country for 4 weeks, the message that events like Glastonbury in the middle of summer will continue if we halt the spread of the virus needs to be there. You won't get the public to comply if you don't keep a light at the end of the tunnel.

1 minute ago, wilko8 said:

How about if they extend Glastonbury for a further 14 day isolation period from the Monday, just to make sure we’re all virus free by the time we go back to society. It’s the sensible thing to do, surely? 

Finally a realistic suggestion!

• Upvote 1

OK ....

So I've heard there's a bands announcement today - what I was told suggests the big poster (but it might not be) - and that info should be good. I'm pretty confident in it, but it doesn't have a time for it.

I'm normally able to verify a tip like that and perhaps get the time but I've not been able to do either on this occasion, unfortunately.