2020 headliners

jj200

I think you’re all underestimating how much money he had made in his long career. I can’t believe he was worth less than 10 million at the time of his death and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was worth a lot more. James Brown didn’t get ripped off like he ripped people off. His songwriting credits must be worth a small fortune. Think of the samples alone.

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Libertines are a curious one - their reunion was huge, they headlined some pretty big festivals off the back of it but it feels like it has fizzled out a little now. Next summer they are headlining both Bennicassim and the Bingley Weekender so god knows where they would place.

You could conceivably make a case for them daytime Pyramid, second/third Other or as a massive JP headliner.

Pretty sure libs are only in it for headline slots/the money now honestly - doubt they'll be at Glastonbury

On 12/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I think part of my hatred of the RHCP is they had the audacity to have James Brown perform as their warm up. They must have made Mr. Brown one hell of an offer.

For my money he’s the greatest performer of all time. 

Yeah it was fucking ridiculous, there was definitely an anticlimactic feeling in the air when RHCP came on stage. Chicks on Speed were on first and got a barrage of abuse from the crowd so much so I think they possibly walked off but I can’t remember. James Brown was typical James Brown and I loved it even though I probably wasn’t old enough to truly appreciate it still loved it. 

55 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Do people think that bigger than usual names will continue down the poster as we learn more? I have a suspicion that the top ends of the other and pyramid stage will be stacked and beyond that it'll be pretty much like any other year.

I can see another bigger than usual/legend ish act on the Friday Pyramid. I think even with just that, the line up would look really special. Add in 1975/21 Pilots size acts as Other headliners and it fills it all out very nicely. 

20 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Do people think that bigger than usual names will continue down the poster as we learn more? I have a suspicion that the top ends of the other and pyramid stage will be stacked and beyond that it'll be pretty much like any other year.

I think so. But there can always be a few surprises when they announce the schedule and proper day splits for the stages. Carrie Underwood and Babymetal popped up that way this year, so would be par for the course to have some other extras come in that way. And will there be many TBA time slots? Emily mentioned there would be less secret sets this coming year or something to that extent?

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

And will there be many TBA time slots? Emily mentioned there would be less secret sets this coming year or something to that extent?

I don't think there's a problem with them on Other or Pyramid but it's more of a safety thing with too many people heading to smaller stages.

21 hours ago, stuie said:

I don't think there's a problem with them on Other or Pyramid but it's more of a safety thing with too many people heading to smaller stages.

Yeah, thats why in 2016 they didnt have Radiohead play the park again because of the weather and it wouldve been rammed, so they pulled the plug. Guess we’ll see who pops up in general though. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, thats why in 2016 they didnt have Radiohead play the park again because of the weather and it wouldve been rammed, so they pulled the plug. Guess we’ll see who pops up in general though. 

Is this a thing? Never heard of Radiohead being cancelled because of the weather? Plus, looking at the line-up, there were no TBA slots on The Park.

Edited by strummer77

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I never heard ANYTHING about this, also as said above, no TBA slots.