2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

Is this real? If it is, where would The Libertines play? 

Nah he bullshits all the time, probably out of his own frustration and wanting to feel like people are gaining something from him, we have had Slipknot headlining from him. They well could play but based on his past its probably an attention seeking stunt.

20 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I reckon this is bullshit.  If you look at his posts on that group, it's all a bit bullshit.

55 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I think part of my hatred of the RHCP is they had the audacity to have James Brown perform as their warm up. They must have made Mr. Brown one hell of an offer.

For my money he’s the greatest performer of all time. 

A mate of mine went to city to see James Brown support RHCP. He wasnt arsed about them, just Brown. "This might be the only time I see get to see him" & he went on the strength of that.

He was right too

This sounds a bit like some of the reactions on here - 

“Oh dear, here we go again. Taylor Swift is headlining Glastonbury festival and some people are a bit upset because - let me see if I have got this right - she’s a girly girl who plays girly pop music. For girls. Or something like that.”

Full article below -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/taylor-swift-headlining-glastonbury-isnt-outrageous-outrageous/amp/

Edited by circus92

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Reckon they could headline the other at a push, wasn’t there but seemed like they smashed that secret set as pyramid sub that year. Definitely not even close to being headliners but wouldn’t surprise me if they headlined the other 

13 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Just for curiosity. When it was specified that the two headliners were going to be SOLO artists? 

You know, I just looked this up because I thought Emily said verbatim that it was a man and a woman to come as headliners, but she says "the other two headliners, it’s their first time at Glastonbury, we have got one male and one female who are coming".

I would expect as everyone else does that she means one male as in a man, but there is feasibly room to still think it means "one male headliner" in the context of what she's saying. Someone like the fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers would be described as a male headliner, right?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He has always said he enjoyed it.

If that was Hyde Park then I was there too. I dont know as I'd say it was objectively good, but it was James goddamn Brown so it was great fun. 

Also have to say that Eddie Murphy absolutely nailed it; this is exactly what he was like :lol:

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You know, I just looked this up because I thought Emily said verbatim that it was a man and a woman to come as headliners, but she says "the other two headliners, it’s their first time at Glastonbury, we have got one male and one female who are coming".

I would expect as everyone else does that she means one male as in a man, but there is feasibly room to still think it means "one male headliner" in the context of what she's saying. Someone like the fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers would be described as a male headliner, right?

I just don't see it. Emily always strikes me as a wee bit more careful with her words, but an all male band requires some linguistic gymnastics. I'm sticking with a dude, singular.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'd given up hope on the tenner I bet on RHCP at 22-1 until I read your post. 

It could still happen! :-)

19 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I think part of my hatred of the RHCP is they had the audacity to have James Brown perform as their warm up. They must have made Mr. Brown one hell of an offer.

For my money he’s the greatest performer of all time. 

I don't think James Brown was too arsed where he played back in those days. Or else was desperate for money.

60961-422x500.jpeg

17 hours ago, jow95 said:

Reckon they could headline the other at a push, wasn’t there but seemed like they smashed that secret set as pyramid sub that year. Definitely not even close to being headliners but wouldn’t surprise me if they headlined the other 

Libertines are a curious one - their reunion was huge, they headlined some pretty big festivals off the back of it but it feels like it has fizzled out a little now. Next summer they are headlining both Bennicassim and the Bingley Weekender so god knows where they would place.

You could conceivably make a case for them daytime Pyramid, second/third Other or as a massive JP headliner.

16 hours ago, Quark said:

If that was Hyde Park then I was there too. I dont know as I'd say it was objectively good, but it was James goddamn Brown so it was great fun. 

Also have to say that Eddie Murphy absolutely nailed it; this is exactly what he was like :lol:

Hahaha always creases me that clip. Don’t care if it offends people Eddie Murphy stand up is class. I can live in a world where he said some questionable stuff 30-40 years ago myself. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I don’t know what happened. He always said it was show and business. I assumed he had made a fortune. Where the fuck did it all go?

I believe his wife used to try and get out of paying parking fines by claiming diplomatic immunity as she was married to the Ambassador of Soul. If true not only is it fucking incredible, but shit like that probably didn't help :D

Think he had a few run ins with the taxman as well if I remember. I could look it all up on t'interwebs, but tbh I cant be arsed...