"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

I think its a shame its been teased at all. They should actually have kept quiet about it so that it is a surprise surprise at the festival.

Note by "surprise surprise" I mean it's a surprise you weren't expecting, rather than a surprise you know is coming, and definitely nothing to do with Cilla Black.

4 minutes ago, uscore said:

I think its a shame its been teased at all. They should actually have kept quiet about it so that it is a surprise surprise at the festival.

Note by "surprise surprise" I mean it's a surprise you weren't expecting, rather than a surprise you know is coming, and definitely nothing to do with Cilla Black.

but she hasn't mentioned the surprise surprises yet

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The info I have is exceedingly well sourced - tho it was given to me with a caveat that it's not impossible that arrangements have been made out of sight of the info passed to me.

So the info I was given is likely to be right, but I couldn't 100% guarantee that it is.

Where can I find the info you're talking about? Have looked through but must've missed it. 

29 minutes ago, themuel said:

Where can I find the info you're talking about? Have looked through but must've missed it. 

The only reason they were rumoured was because of a bad piece of cut and paste where a journalist had quoted something from years ago. They are not playing

Edited by danbailey80

25 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Do Elbow qualify as 'really big' given the scale of the festival? Surely has to be someone of Gaga levels (albeit hopefully not her!)

No, most people now will see that Elbow's stature has fallen a bit, they would just slot in as either 3rd....imo 4th down Pyramid, Other sub probably or JP headline. For the opening act Friday, bar KC the others also were regulars of the fest which is why I don't think they'll do that either 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Has to be a big recognised by everyone name doesn't it!? Well, doesn't 'have to be' but you know. An act like Lady Ga Ga, Led Zeppelin, Take That etc. Oh I dunno... Stone Roses would be a coup I guess.

On 5/12/2017 at 4:13 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I'm definitely not angry, but I'm also very comfortable with the fact that Led Zeppelin are not playing at Glastonbury 2017. 

Of course they're not. I shared that Somerset Live article about the airship as I thought it was a joke, hence my comment about "not believing everything you read" :lol: Then BOOM, some people on this thread exploded like the Hindenberg.......

So Paulo Nutini, Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga are all associated with Candy. Robbie Williams also and even the comeback 50 Cent, even if no one does care.

If related at all then I think the 2nd two are most likely, Bruno finished his Euro your in June Milan but doesn't start American until mid July, Gaga is the one that would need to come over for it which makes it a bigger deal.