"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They headlined just three years ago, so at least they'd stop some of the Coldplay jokes as that would make them more regular than them. I can't see it for that reason as I can't see them accepting anything other than Pyramid headliner.

Yeah I thought as much, I would be surprised if it was them.

I don't know if it would qualify as the 'really big secret' but I'm going to throw Metallica in to the hat. The metal stage has said that there's someone flying in from the US (they have a gap in their US tour from 18th June til 5th of July) and they fell in love with the festival (especially Lars) when they headlined in 2014. Put up against Ed on Sunday, who will undoubtedly draw a huge crowd, and big names on other/JP/WH could make this a goer. Iv seen more unlikely claims made on this thread thus far, including resurrections!

6 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

I don't know if it would qualify as the 'really big secret' but I'm going to throw Metallica in to the hat. The metal stage has said that there's someone flying in from the US (they have a gap in their US tour from 18th June til 5th of July) and they fell in love with the festival (especially Lars) when they headlined in 2014. Put up against Ed on Sunday, who will undoubtedly draw a huge crowd, and big names on other/JP/WH could make this a goer. Iv seen more unlikely claims made on this thread thus far, including resurrections!

Well I would be at Metallica all day long :) 

6 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Why has lady gaga been written off? Sure she was all but confirmed a few months back. The headliners & sub's are very male heavy this year at the moment.

I don't think she has been written off. I think she one of the most obvious contenders to be the big secret. 

6 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

aside from the fact that it's probably the Dead Kennedys they're talking about, Metallica on either the Earache stage or the Hell stage, or even anywhere other than Pyramid/Other would be an utter clusterfuck and has no chance of being allowed from a H&S point of view.

26 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can we all just clarify that it's not going to be kasabian or arcade fire. They both headlined in 2014 and even coldplay don't come back that soon. 

I'm saying nowt about van the man

I actually could see one or the other appearing as a secret pyramid set - in the same way that The Libertines did. Kasabian particularly are exactly the sort of band that would love the hype around a secret set like that.

Edited by JoBalls

9 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

Please see previous comment re arcade fire and kasabian. 

Lady Gaga - has said she can't talk about Glastonbury a couple of times, was over around 6 months ago to play a secret gig.

Liam Gallagher - is definitely playing. Just because he's TBC on here doesn't mean that wouldn't be a big surprise to the rest of the world.

The Kinks - there's been rumblings of a reunion, Michael said he'd had Ray on the phone a while back.

Harry Styles - with the image he's going for since the comeback, a Glastonbury set seems fitting. Would be a big deal to some but wouldn't warrant a high up set which seem to be full.

I don't think there's anything to suggest it will be anyone else apart from optimism.

Edited by Bradders

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Please see previous comment re arcade fire and kasabian. 

I just thought I'd throw the third 2014 headliner into the mix! Honestly do not think for a second this is realistic but loving the enthusiasm of this thread. The main reason I lose so many hours to these forums!

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Lady Gaga - has said she can't talk about Glastonbury a couple of times, was over around 6 months ago to play a secret gig.

Liam Gallagher - is definitely playing. Just because he's TBC on here doesn't mean that wouldn't be a big surprise to the rest of the world.

The Kinks - there's been rumblings of a reunion, Michael said he'd had Ray on the phone a while back.

Harry Styles - with the image he's going for since the comeback, a Glastonbury set seems fitting. Would be a big deal to some but wouldn't warrant a high up set which seem to be full.

I don't think it will be anyone else.

Liam Gallagher is doing Reading and some other festivals, he also will not have any new material. I can't see Emily seeing that as a big suprise.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Liam Gallagher is doing Reading and some other festivals, he also will not have any new material. I can't see Emily seeing that as a big suprise.

He does have new material, got an album coming out soon.

2 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

I just thought I'd throw the third 2014 headliner into the mix! Honestly do not think for a second this is realistic but loving the enthusiasm of this thread. The main reason I lose so many hours to these forums!

Me too! :D 

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

aside from the fact that it's probably the Dead Kennedys they're talking about, Metallica on either the Earache stage or the Hell stage, or even anywhere other than Pyramid/Other would be an utter clusterfuck and has no chance of being allowed from a H&S point of view.

Do you work in H&S?

21 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Someone (not me-I've got things to do) should do a list ranking the most likely to the most unlikely with reasons provided. 

Lala Land - Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Daft Punk, Stone Roses, Metallica, Guns and Roses, ACDC. All would headline and would be made a huge deal out of because it would either make national news or they have already headlined recently/only play headline slots. 

Somewhat possible but unlikely - The Kinks, Arcade Fire, Green Day, Elton John, Madonna - feasibly they could be big enough names to be a huge surprise and be put on a set somewhere that isnt as a headliner but probably arent. 

Possible to likely - Lady Gaga, A Tribe Called Quest, Will Smith/Jazzy Jeff - could well play however word os out that they are heavily rumoured or are playing so would go aginst the big secret. 

Definitely - Elbow, the kind of disappointing act that always seems to ultimately be announced. 

Should be - someone whose flew so far under the radar that no ones even thought about them. 

• Upvote 1