"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

2 minutes ago, chatty said:

Lala Land - Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Daft Punk, Stone Roses, Metallica, Guns and Roses, ACDC. All would headline and would be made a huge deal out of because it would either make national news or they have already headlined recently/only play headline slots. 

Somewhat possible but unlikely - The Kinks, Arcade Fire, Green Day, Elton John, Madonna - feasibly they could be big enough names to be a huge surprise and be put on a set somewhere that isnt as a headliner but probably arent. 

Possible to likely - Lady Gaga, A Tribe Called Quest, Will Smith/Jazzy Jeff - could well play however word os out that they are heavily rumoured or are playing so would go aginst the big secret. 

Definitely - Elbow, the kind of disappointing act that always seems to ultimately be announced. 

Should be - someone whose flew so far under the radar that no ones even thought about them. 

Nice one....that about sums it up! 

5 minutes ago, chatty said:

Lala Land - Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Daft Punk, Stone Roses, Metallica, Guns and Roses, ACDC. All would headline and would be made a huge deal out of because it would either make national news or they have already headlined recently/only play headline slots. 

Somewhat possible but unlikely - The Kinks, Arcade Fire, Green Day, Elton John, Madonna - feasibly they could be big enough names to be a huge surprise and be put on a set somewhere that isnt as a headliner but probably arent. 

Possible to likely - Lady Gaga, A Tribe Called Quest, Will Smith/Jazzy Jeff - could well play however word os out that they are heavily rumoured or are playing so would go aginst the big secret. 

Definitely - Elbow, the kind of disappointing act that always seems to ultimately be announced. 

Should be - someone whose flew so far under the radar that no ones even thought about them. 

I really want Elbow on the line up, but I would be disappointed if they were the big secret. I do think they will be playing but honestly don't think they are the big secret. 

28 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Lady Gaga - has said she can't talk about Glastonbury a couple of times, was over around 6 months ago to play a secret gig.

Liam Gallagher - is definitely playing. Just because he's TBC on here doesn't mean that wouldn't be a big surprise to the rest of the world.

The Kinks - there's been rumblings of a reunion, Michael said he'd had Ray on the phone a while back.

Harry Styles - with the image he's going for since the comeback, a Glastonbury set seems fitting. Would be a big deal to some but wouldn't warrant a high up set which seem to be full.

I don't think there's anything to suggest it will be anyone else apart from optimism.

Liam won't be as bigger surprise as you think I don't think, Harry will get a higher slot because he's likely to do One Direction covers too if he plays.

25 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I think that after this thread it's pretty fair to say that it would be impossible for EE to surprise us. 

Not surprise but excite.

18 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Odds on has to be Lady Gaga. "Big secret" would have to imply a big star, but also the fact they haven't mentioned it yet for me would mean someone who's a bit of a wildcard as she would be. 

I dunno if Emily would be that pleased about this "big secret" remaining intact if it was Lady Gaga, who'd been heavily tipped to be playing between October and March.

3 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

Macca, Ringo, Sean Lennon & Dhani Harrison performing Sgt Pepper in full on the Pyramid on Thursday night as a one off 50th anniversary celebration. 

If it was Macca as the Legend for eg it would already have been announced, they didn't stop Lionel or Dolly from being so. Yes he's big but we would know, nothing to hold it back.

An American act flying over purely as they wish to play. I think U2 doing TJT wouldn't happen due to any hope they may be interested in the 50th.

If it's Harry Styles he better play some 1D tunes. In the stakes of "previously v exciting artist with many big tunes release 2016 album which is overlong and boring" Josh Tilman is still holding the top stop of longer and boring-er, but I'd feel very robbed if we didn't get any of the big songs. Night Changes would fit well with his current sound.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If it's Harry Styles he better play some 1D tunes. In the stakes of "previously v exciting artist with many big tunes release 2016 album which is overlong and boring" Josh Tilman is still holding the top stop of longer and boring-er, but I'd feel very robbed if we didn't get any of the big songs. Night Changes would fit well with his current sound.

The general shrugging 'not arsed'-ness that's greeted Big Daddy Bit Cloudy Out playing is quite something to behold.

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Could he Gaga in the 'Legend' slot because the festival have never actually called it that, they call it the Sunday tea time slot.

Though they definitely do say that the idea is that the bands featured are the sort of thing liked by Jean Eavis - and she died before Gaga had even left school.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think U2 doing TJT wouldn't happen due to any hope they may be interested in the 50th.

The bigger obstacle is having shows in North America on the Friday and Sunday nights. Definitely ruled out of anything this year.

21 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

The only band duller then coldplay.... Lift music. Supermarket music. Fucking awful....why did they have to come back lol 

Never heard jamiroquai then? I swear they'll playing that vapid crap in the elevator down to hell when I pop my clogs. 

• Upvote 1