"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elton will definitely play one year, but it won't be this year and when he does they're not going to just add him as an afterthought.

Not sure this counts as an afterthought, does it? They say they've kept it a secret for six months

Rereading the interview, she says 

"We've managed to keep some big secrets recently and there's a couple more this year that haven't gone out yet as well.

"There's a really big one. I haven't even hinted or told anyone it's coming and we've managed to keep it completely quiet for the first time ever."

Reads to me that when she says "recently" she's also talking about last year or the year before and that some for this year have already "gone out".

So I'm guessing maybe Katy Perry was one?  Mibbe Biffy Clyro?

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"We've managed to keep some big secrets recently and there's a couple more this year that haven't gone out yet as well.

"There's a really big one. I haven't even hinted or told anyone it's coming and we've managed to keep it completely quiet for the first time ever."

Reads to me that when she says "recently" she's also talking about last year or the year before and that some for this year have already "gone out".

ATCQ. Not so big.

Big Elts. Big.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd say The Libertines counts. Keeping that secret until noon of the day is pretty good.

Why has it been kept a secret? Possibly the act has tickets to sell still.

how has it been kept a secret? Act has small close group of friends or act isn't British 

how big will the act be? Either legend or sub headliner

who fits all these criteria? No idea :-)

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

Fine point well made, but they were all in middle of big pre planned tours, and are on the way up to the top whereas qotsa are pretty much there. Can't see it at all, given they are lazy sods touring wise last few years.

It's going to be a British act, if it's an act at all.

I doubt it's going to be British.

I'm still thinking it might be Kylie.  The BBC's reference to sweets works ("sweet music" is apparently a song of hers). She's not a headline sized act any more (is she???) but seems deemed to be newsworthy.  She was, according to the Mail online (so, no, I'm not posting a link!) talking about doing a new album and touring this year.  What better way to promote all that lot than a televised slot on the Pyramid?   And she has unfinished business with the festival.  

I've managed to convince myself it's her which is a result really because I won't be even slightly disappointed if it isn't.

Completely wishful thinking and in no way gonna happen but Black Sabbath would be awesome. They have retired but so have many before and returned and I think people would forgive them one last blow out at a major festival. 

Id imagine they would take a lesser slot than headliner but could fit. Legend slot, have a full set of hits and would bow the smoke over the majority of bands on the line up even in their 70s.

Havent been linked at all but would be a huge surprise and were recently touring. Nothing other than the retirement to stop them either. 

What a way that would be to go out. 

Obviously not them still. 

Just now, shoptildrop said:

Will be seeing them at Bluedot so happy with that but do you think this would be described as a big 6 month secret???

Nah, its defo not the big secret but id still be chuffed to bits to see thwir name on the final poster. 

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

Completely wishful thinking and in no way gonna happen but Black Sabbath would be awesome. They have retired but so have many before and returned and I think people would forgive them one last blow out at a major festival. 

Id imagine they would take a lesser slot than headliner but could fit. Legend slot, have a full set of hits and would bow the smoke over the majority of bands on the line up even in their 70s.

Havent been linked at all but would be a huge surprise and were recently touring. Nothing other than the retirement to stop them either. 

What a way that would be to go out. 

Obviously not them still. 

It won't happen, amazing if it did, but you've just won the thread with originality combined with plausibility dashed with imagination. Top work! 

2 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

It won't happen, amazing if it did, but you've just won the thread with originality combined with plausibility dashed with imagination. Top work! 

Yeah its not happening. Went to see them in January and thought at the tine they would be perfect for Glasto this year. 

Big name, can still cut it, dont think they have ever played it either have they? They would be great for tv and they would get a big crowd. 

Be a nice way to see off one of Britains greatest ever bands as well. A bit similar to if Motorhead had called it a day after their set, but only they can pkay better than Motorhead could at that point - still loved that gig though. 

Just because.. I know it's not but I'm seeing Eddie vedder on the 6th... So he could do the Friday..... But he won't lol 

Cranberries have a new/old album. But she sounded terrible on the one show 

If it's not a band how about a comedy act... Penn and teller are touring.. I've not checked dates but if you take out bands and look elsewhere what could you find....???

• Upvote 1