"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

Well they are, but they aren't exactly playing all day every day. I don't know what day they are playing Amnesia Rockes but they could easily do Friday there and Saturday or Sunday here for example.

Not that they will play Glastonbury, but thats not a reason to rule them out.

Its the main and likely only reason to rule them out. Easily play the west coast of America one day then U.K. the next day? Not happening. 

If you can show me any other act (other than Phil Collins's live aid stunt) that has pulled that off then I'm all ears ! 

20 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

My money is on Queens of the Stone Age. Their upcoming album promotion and touring schedule just about fits... And it'll be fucking awesome if they play!!!

they wouldnt really be a band id expect to be kept 'a really big secret', also, itsonly a few years since they last played the festival and im hoping this secret is going to be someone who has never played or not played for a very long time

Two most likely things for me are:

1. Something underwhelming (size-wise) such as Elbow, Liam Gallagher or ATCQ.

2. Gaga 3rd down Sunday with Chic and Gibb 4th and 5th down as kind of a double legends' slot (maybe where the rumours of a big disco extravaganza came from - the fact they've got 2 huge disco acts doing it back to back). She could also be Saturday with Katy Perry shifted over to Sunday, I guess.

55 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Its the main and likely only reason to rule them out. Easily play the west coast of America one day then U.K. the next day? Not happening. 

If you can show me any other act (other than Phil Collins's live aid stunt) that has pulled that off then I'm all ears ! 

To be fair - Queens Of The Stone Age are headlining the Saturday Night in Canada. So logistically they could play Friday afternoon/evening at Glastonbury, get on a plane and be in Montreal in plenty of time for their Saturday show.

Strangely enough - Bring Me The Horizon did exactly that last year, for the exact same Festival so it's not unprecedented. Don't think it's going to happen this time though.

Edited by incident

It's clearly going to be Harry Styles ffs. 

Based on his Graham Norton performance he's touring with quite a traditional "band" set-up rather than a pop show.

Album out now, gig last night, seems the type of person to covet playing Glastonbury but his previous group were clearly unsuitable.

Edited by BourgeoisPastie

2 minutes ago, BourgeoisPastie said:

It's clearly going to be Harry Styles ffs. 

Based on his Graham Norton performance he's touring with quite a traditional "band" set-up rather than a pop show.

Album out now, gig last night, seems the type of person to covet playing Glastonbury but his previous group were clearly unsuitable.

It's not going to be Harry Styles. Not in a million years. He'd be lucky to get the 11am slot on JP one day.

If he does a festival, it'll be something like V.

It's Gaga. I'd bet a refresher on it.

Refresher-Chews-1SWI-CHE-RCH.jpg

38 minutes ago, incident said:

To be fair - Queens Of The Stone Age are headlining the Saturday Night in Canada. So logistically they could play Friday afternoon/evening at Glastonbury, get on a plane and be in Montreal in plenty of time for their Saturday show.

Strangely enough - Bring Me The Horizon did exactly that last year, for the exact same Festival so it's not unprecedented. Don't think it's going to happen this time though.

It was the other way round but still fair play to pull that off. They were also in middle of huge summer tour of Euro festivals, on the way 'up', QOTSA are being typically lazy sods and not committing to much. Still don't know how they managed to get gear there and back in a day without Concorde! 

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

No but Eavis is very unlikely to book someone for  Glastonbury who's the headliner for his 'other' festival. Would kind of take the gloss off it.

Yeah guess so, although another way to look at it would be to announce that one of the headliners of Glastonbury is playing at the very exclusive Abbey Extravaganza, so big kudos. But I think you're right in that I don't think it has ever happened before

1 hour ago, slipmatt said:

Not been here for the day. Come in expecting something. Same situation as 48hrs ago but the thread is still 'hot' :)

Thanks for the capsule review. I won't bother reading the last 5 pages now :lol:

Edited by jparx
typo
  • Upvote 1