eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Apparently, according to Festival Info, Gorillaz and a few others have leaked. Gorillaz would headline wouldn’t they? @eFestivals have you had any runnings with these before?

23FC45E9-BEA2-4E71-902B-8A2302CB8AEA.png

51 minutes ago, sime said:

Just want to give The Cure some love. They are the one Pyramid headliner I would really look forward to ❤️

I would have been the same if i didnt see them last year. Will still probably go along for a look if there's no clashes

23 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Apparently, according to Festival Info, Gorillaz and a few others have leaked. Gorillaz would headline wouldn’t they? @eFestivals have you had any runnings with these before?

Albarn is touring The Good The Bad And The Queen this summer, and not Gorillaz as far as anyone is aware.

I can't really see how that can right.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Albarn is touring The Good The Bad And The Queen this summer, and not Gorillaz as far as anyone is aware.

I can't really see how that can right.

I found that odd, but thought to bring it to your attention.

Parody twitter is it? (I have no idea but it mentions an International Fart Festival in one tweet - now I hope it's not a bot!)

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Parody twitter is it? (I have no idea but it mentions an International Fart Festival in one tweet - now I hope it's not a bot!)

I can't think of a better way to announce your international fart festival than via a bot.

• Upvote 4

I've been lazily saying Gorillaz since the Macca dream died, nice to see a scrap of evidence to support me so I don't look like a complete arsehole.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Triptykon? Hopefully that is Tom G Warrior's tribute to Hellhammer that is doing the rounds this summer, lol!

5 minutes ago, Rob_Murray92 said:

Sorry if it's already been covered but does anyone know why David Attenborough is a strong rumour all of a sudden?

Believe he's doing the 4am techno slot at Genosys 

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Rob_Murray92 said:

Well obviously, I just want to know how people already know that.

Corbyn did a speech at the festival in 2017. They've had Tony Benn many times etc,

Assume Attenborough will be doing a speech about the environment and so on. Hes become increasingly vocal about it in the last few years.

Or he could be just plugging his new show. Or telling us when Dynasties is out on bluray. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Corbyn did a speech at the festival in 2017. They've had Tony Benn many times etc,

Assume Attenborough will be doing a speech about the environment and so on. Hes become increasingly vocal about it in the last few years.

Or he could be just plugging his new show. Or telling us when Dynasties is out on bluray. 

Yeh it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he's there, cool though. So nobody knows why he's suddenly become a strong rumour?

According to my Time Hop Coldplay were announced 8 years ago today. It appears I wasn't pleased!

Oooh, while writing this BBC 6 Music are blasting out At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor. That would be nice on the farm.

export6924226510478389041.thumb.jpg.a74ad4e4e2ac73d7058b0316581a40fa.jpg

1 minute ago, Rob_Murray92 said:

Yeh it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he's there, cool though. So nobody knows why he's suddenly become a strong rumour?

There was a thread on here called ‘David Attenborough’, where the OP said there’s a rumour that he’s gonna be making an appearance.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Murray92 said:

So nobody knows why he's suddenly become a strong rumour?

well yeah, I do. Someone told me he's likely to be there.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There was a thread on here called ‘David Attenborough’, where the OP said there’s a rumour that he’s gonna be making an appearance.

It was Sawdusty Surfer wasn’t it? Not sure exactly what he does but he’s worked in the general Green Fields area for years I believe.

53 minutes ago, s30foster said:

According to my Time Hop Coldplay were announced 8 years ago today. It appears I wasn't pleased!

Oooh, while writing this BBC 6 Music are blasting out At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor. That would be nice on the farm.

export6924226510478389041.thumb.jpg.a74ad4e4e2ac73d7058b0316581a40fa.jpg

I was running in in El Paso a couple of years ago (their home town) and ran past a huge adult drive-in with a huge sign that proclaimed "couples welcome". Jesus... 
I wonder if that had any influence on their name...

10-rob-hann-el-paso-tx-fiesta-clic.jpg

Edited by Superscally
inserting photo

13 hours ago, chatty said:

Im not hugely excited by The Cure but I like then enough Ill prob go see then and enjoy it (bar some unexpected mega clash). Only headliner Ill prob bother with if the current projections are correct. 

No idea what ill do Friday night, Wu Tang Saturday and The Cure Sunday, ill take that, might just end up in the South East corner Fri. 

Having missed him in 2016 (Foals/Muse) and 2017 (Radiohead) I'm rather hoping Billy Bragg will headline Leftfield again on the Friday.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I did wonder if he might be introducing a film screening at Cineramanamanammanaegdeon, similar to Depp.

Hopefully it's him in Kings Meadow on Sunday morning telling everyone to take their shit home the next day.

13 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Having missed him in 2016 (Foals/Muse) and 2017 (Radiohead) I'm rather hoping Billy Bragg will headline Leftfield again on the Friday.  

I think there's a very high chance. He's done it on the Friday every year since 2010 when he headlined on the Saturday.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I did wonder if he might be introducing a film screening at Cineramanamanammanaegdeon, similar to Depp.

Hopefully it's him in Kings Meadow on Sunday morning telling everyone to take their shit home the next day.

It very well could be a screening of Our Planet, the documentary by the WWF that will hopefully make anyone not shitting their pants and changing their ways do so: https://www.wwf.org.uk/updates/our-planet-trailer 
P.S. I am well aware that my avatar is Randy Savage... The other WWF, not the wrestling one.