Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

 

220px-Oasis_Don't_Believe_the_Truth.jpg

Aka the not-quite-as-shite-as-all-the-others-post-Morning-Glory Oasis album.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doug85 said:

It's who is available though and who they want to headline. Stormzy is a no brainer really after the hype he got from 2017 and then the Brits, throw in the fact he has a new album coming out then they will probably be glad they gave him his shot now. Whether or not you or other like him is really irrelevant as he will get a decent sized crowd if 2017 is anything to go by. The Cure is the strangest one of the 3 for me. The Killers will have a big crowd- they sold out BST and majority if not all of their last UK arena tour. 

It could have been Ezra, one of the gallaghers or the courteeners like other festivals so i'd say it's still better than whats available.

Don't think The Cure is that much of an odd choice really. They sold out BST in record time last year, sold out arenas in 2016 and headlined R+L in 2012. They are doing a festival tour this year where they are headlining most of the big euro fests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aka the not-quite-as-shite-as-all-the-others-post-Morning-Glory Oasis album.

Woah there - Be Here Now is a banger... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, harderfaster said:

Woah there - Be Here Now is a banger... 

If you like eight hour songs it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the attitudes have changed on The Cure a little, simply because we’ve known for so long that they’re gonna be headlining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mufcok said:

Did we establish that AM aren't performing at the Brits?

Don't even think they're gonna be there, Australian tour starts a couple days after and they've been told they're not winning anything so not going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beau1 said:

Don't think The Cure is that much of an odd choice really. They sold out BST in record time last year, sold out arenas in 2016 and headlined R+L in 2012. They are doing a festival tour this year where they are headlining most of the big euro fests.  

2019 is actually The Cure's big year. Anniversary, finally a new album, a huge Euro tour (including Glasto), Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. They're also more popular than ever. Or at least since the late 80's/early 90's.

If there's any fitting year for booking The Cure, it's this year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, duke88 said:

Just checked mine, averaged 20 miles a day! Did 23 on the Friday. Should aim to get in at least one full marathon this year.

Do you know that clapping adds loads and loads of steps to your totals. My job has me opening big valves and this adds hundereds of steps. The only way to get an accurate distance would be to have a Garmin with the GPS on all day long.

Edited by SighMo
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

2019 is actually The Cure's big year. Anniversary, finally a new album, a huge Euro tour (including Glasto), Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. They're also more popular than ever. Or at least since the late 80's/early 90's.

If there's any fitting year for booking The Cure, it's this year.

Completely agree.

The one headliner I’m looking forward to seeing. Does seem odd for the Sunday though, seems out of what has been booked for last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not hugely excited by The Cure but I like then enough Ill prob go see then and enjoy it (bar some unexpected mega clash). Only headliner Ill prob bother with if the current projections are correct. 

No idea what ill do Friday night, Wu Tang Saturday and The Cure Sunday, ill take that, might just end up in the South East corner Fri. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Do you know that clapping adds loads and loads of steps to your totals. My job has me opening big valves and this adds hundereds of steps. The only way to get an accurate distance would be to have a Garmin with the GPS on all day long.

It was off my phone’s distance tracker, not from something on my wrist though. If you think about it we’re all walking (and if not, dancing!) for 16-plus hours a day, it’s going to be a fair amount of distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, duke88 said:

It was off my phone’s distance tracker, not from something on my wrist though. If you think about it we’re all walking (and if not, dancing!) for 16-plus hours a day, it’s going to be a fair amount of distance.

I'm just not getting how people are coming up with this high mileage. I've run an average of over 3,000 miles/year for the last 4 years and regularly do between 70 and 100 miles per week and just can't see how you'd get anywhere near this just walking around inbetween gigs for 4 or 5 days; dancing and waving your arms does add up to lots of false steps but if you're using a distance tracker (not sure how this works with an iPhone if GPS isn't on) dancing wouldn't add any distance. Amazing if accurate. I'll try setting my Garmin to walk mode and leave the GPS on all day this year just to test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Do you know that clapping adds loads and loads of steps to your totals. My job has me opening big valves and this adds hundereds of steps. The only way to get an accurate distance would be to have a Garmin with the GPS on all day long.

And have it on your leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I'm just not getting how people are coming up with this high mileage. I've run an average of over 3,000 miles/year for the last 4 years and regularly do between 70 and 100 miles per week and just can't see how you'd get anywhere near this just walking around inbetween gigs for 4 or 5 days; dancing and waving your arms does add up to lots of false steps but if you're using a distance tracker (not sure how this works with an iPhone if GPS isn't on) dancing wouldn't add any distance. Amazing if accurate. I'll try setting my Garmin to walk mode and leave the GPS on all day this year just to test.

Agreed. I ran 6 miles a day at Glasto, walked more than most and no way would I approach 15 miles. That's five full length trips of the site and my run. Nope.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’m thinking the distance is calculated from the pedometer, which could be affected by stuff like clapping. It says I did 42 miles over the weekend and I saw loads of acts at many stages, but am quite a lazy clapper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at mine for 2017 and from weds-sunday I did slightly over 100km... which is about 60 miles... and in 2016 I did 45km on one day alone. 

Idk it feels reasonable because we literally never stop moving from stage to stage. In 2016 I came home weighing 15lbs less than i started!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I just looked at mine for 2017 and from weds-sunday I did slightly over 100km... which is about 60 miles... and in 2016 I did 45km on one day alone. 

Idk it feels reasonable because we literally never stop moving from stage to stage. In 2016 I came home weighing 15lbs less than i started!

The average walking speed is 5km an hour and you would be walking slower at Glastonbury so 45km in a day is basically 9-10 non stop walking which doesn’t seem right. Not saying you didn’t stop walking but you must have watched some bands and stood still. Maybe dancing and shuffling or tapping you feet whilst watching bands adds on mileage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to give The Cure some love. They are the one Pyramid headliner I would really look forward to ❤️

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

The average walking speed is 5km an hour and you would be walking slower at Glastonbury so 45km in a day is basically 9-10 non stop walking which doesn’t seem right. Not saying you didn’t stop walking but you must have watched some bands and stood still. Maybe dancing and shuffling or tapping you feet whilst watching bands adds on mileage 

Honestly it kinda makes sense... on the Saturday that year we went non stop from 11am to 7am... it was my first year and we got lost tons and walked the entire site a couple times... I dont think we sat down once because of the mud...and we really didnt see many bands that day either... dancing is probably included in that.... but the mud made shuffling/tapping your feet nearly impossible ... I'd be surprised if even fully attempting to dance didnt register as steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mobile phones are probably counting steps when people are dancing, clapping and jumping up and down.

Your average person couldn't walk 45 km in a day without their legs being completely destroyed for several days after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we now thinking Noel G is out of the equation altogether? Tempted to go see him at the London Palladium in May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...